The 2015 Challenge: How are broadcast, cable, satellite, IPTV and pay TV operators keeping pace with market disruptions in the multiformat over-the-top (OTT) video landscape? Here are just some of the key business and technical hurdles to tackle today:
- Adapt to emerging video delivery workflows with today’s IP and satellite networks
- Transition to cloud architectures for scalable and flexible investment
- Get ready for HEVC encoding and transcoding for 4K, Ultra HD content
- Navigate the multiformat video landscape with centralized management control, monitoring, unified file-based and live operation and video encoding and transcoding for contribution and distribution, linear TV, OTT and TV Everywhere (TVE) services
Media Excel, a leader in video encoding and transcoding solutions, showcases its latest HERO hardware and software for video processing and delivery across the headend, edge and cloud at Broadcast Asia. Join us for an exclusive look at Media Excel’s solutions:
- Real-time professional HEVC encoder for 4K, Ultra HD live ingest
- Faster-than-real-time HEVC file transcoder with pristine quality for premium 4K/Ultra HD VOD assets
- HEVC/AVC/MPEG-2 low delay (120 ms or less) contribution and distribution encoder for IP and ASI satellite networks
- Proven, reliable and scalable multichannel, multiscreen encoding and transcoding for OTT video services with adaptive delivery
- Comprehensive ecosystem coverage for live and file encoding and transcoding workflows
- Centralized monitoring and control of next-generation hybrid ground and cloud transcoding architectures
Media Excel reaches a new industry milestone by offering CLONE software encoding and transcoding technologies in the cloud that deliver real-time encoding of 4K/UHD studio-quality video and faster-than-real-time transcoding performance covering up to 8K UHD content.
With proven five 9s carrier-grade reliability, the new HERO CLONE software platform:
- Inherits integrated network management systems for high availability 24×7 operations
- Provides centralized monitoring and control of multiple deployments
- Enables hybrid ground/cloud architectures
- Creates a unified approach toward file and live encoding and transcoding in the same product architecture
- Delivers flexible and expandable solutions to broadcasters, cable, satellite, IPTV and pay TV operators
Media Excel will also demonstrate its HERO product line at Broadcast Asia 2015:
- HERO 4K Live Deliver premium content via satellite and fiber with 4K 60p Ultra HD real-time HEVC encoder.
- HERO 4K File Deliver premium VOD content via cable/IP/pay TV networks with 4K 60p Ultra HD HEVC Main10 file transcoder.
- HERO Cloud Minimize CAPEX by enabling seamless transition to hybrid ground/cloud architectures for multiscreen live and file transcoding workflows.
- HERO Event Small-footprint platform for AVC and H.264 encoding/transcoding of live events for sports, TV contribution and multiscreen distribution.
- HERO Intelligence Robust but small-footprint platform for HEVC (H.265) encoding and transcoding for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) applications.
- HERO Central Management System Integrated network management system for high availability 24×7 operations with centralized monitoring and control of multiple deployments, and proven five 9s carrier-grade reliability.