Socially inspired by Comedy Central’s CC:Studios, the six-episode improv series is hosted by comedian Paul Scheer and directed by Rich Talarico. Its video sketches and social content, presented by Redd’s Apple Ale, debuted on Monday, July 28, and will be distributed weekly on CC.com, CC YouTube Channel as well as across Comedy Central’s social media platforms including Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter.
Each week, host Scheer will call out to fans via Twitter to share their favorite ideas around a topic. The CC: Social Scene ensemble including Lee Newton, H. Michael Croner, Lilan Bowden, Jacob Womack, Jeff Sloniker and Barak Hardley will improvise sketches inspired by the fans’ tweets.
The six sketch topics that the CC: Social Scene improv team will act out include:
- Break-up Lines – Improv crew enacts a scene inspired by fan submitted break up lines
- Worst Summer Blockbuster Trailers – Improv team will produce a trailer for films fans suggest
- What Washes up on the Beach – The intrepid cast tries to enjoy a day at the beach but are constantly interrupted by random items that wash ashore all via fans tweets
- Oddest Combos at the BBQ – Fans suggest who they want to see at the CC: Social Scene BBQ. Cast members will create the many characters at the party
- Beach Hogs – The improv crew will portray a scene inspired by fans’ beach horror stories.