In late October, Elemental successfully supported what is believed to be the world’s first real-time 4K/HEVC transmission when it streamed the Osaka Marathon. The result was eight hours of stunning, clear, reliable and very detailed live output for public viewing in a special 4K exhibit at the race finish line.
This milestone garnered significant attention -- and raised a number of important questions, such as:
• What equipment was used for the workflow?
• Given the lack of HEVC-capable decoders, how were the signals handled?
• What was the distribution network technology – and was the network private or public?
• When will real-time 4K/HEVC at 60 fps be available?
• Was this really an industry first?
• Was this a major technical stepping stone toward a much broader commercial rollout of live 4K video?
This webinar will provide the details – and explore the broader impact of the Elemental 4K/HEVC transmission for the industry.
Log on on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2 p.m. EST to learn how Elemental is solving the future of video with technology advancements that are critical to your business. Register here.