FXhome (www.fxhome.com) announced today it is boosting the performance and adding a number of workflow improvements to Imerge Pro, the world’s first non-destructive RAW image compositor for Mac and PC.
With the launch of Imerge Pro 2, FXhome is adding a number of features designed to significantly improve workflow performance and increase the flexibility of artists’ creative workflow. Central features in Imerge Pro 2 include:
- Better RAW decoding and processing:
- GPU-accelerated import of RAW files for improved performance
- Blown out highlight recovery
- New centralized user interface to quickly search and add Images, Masks, Effects, Content and Custom Export items to projects
- Improved layer search by searching contents, effects and masks inside a layer
- Project list: Support searching by layer name/contents
- New formats support (higher quality intermediate formats for transferring to other image processing applications)
- Export to OpenEXR
- Export to HDR (RGBE)
- Export in 16 bit for TIFF and PNG
- General User Interface improvements
- Newly designed user interface panel for content settings
- Ability to put layer control panels on the left instead of right
- Allow renaming Effects
- Metadata can be customized per output in the batch
- Add H and V keyboard shortcuts for selecting the pointer and hand tool
- Add number wrap around to spinboxes
- Zoom to Fit-to largest layer size
- Canvas object snapping
- Gradient editor with snapping behaviours
- Quad warp snap to axes/self
- Crop/resize tool
- Ability to rescale/translate layers when changing canvas size
- Ability to hold shift and preserve aspect ratio for area mask and radial gradients
Imerge Pro: Two Years in the Making
With two years in development, Imerge Pro takes the most powerful features from industry standard photography software and makes them more accessible to all creators in one tool for just $149. Featuring a streamlined user interface, Imerge offers smart tools and effects to help photographers achieve their desired composite images quickly and at high quality.
Current industry standard photography tools, while powerful, require fundamental knowledge of image compositing, which has the potential to slow down your workflow. Imerge Pro takes the guessing out of image editing and instead provides innovative tools to speed up your workflow without compromising useability, performance or image quality – giving you more time to focus on being creative.
As a user-led product, Imerge Pro takes its direction for updates from its user base. In turn, Imerge Pro users receive 12 months of free updates and technical support, as well as free project files and tutorials. Once the 12 months has expired, users can keep the latest version of Imerge Pro they downloaded within their update period forever.
Key Imerge Pro capabilities include:
- ● The world’s first RAW image editor and compositor: Photographers can start their creative process as they mean to go on, in full 16-bit linear color. Not only that, Imerge Pro is multi-core and GPU accelerated.
- ● No ‘baked-in’ changes: Imerge Pro is different to other photography software. Keep your edits live and your color data RAW. No need to worry about things going wrong and redo-ing your work. Easily undo any change, and don’t lose any time.
- ● Automatic green screen removal: Perfect for event photographers, Imerge Pro contains world-leading chroma key technology including spill suppression, color matching and luminance key.
- ● 38 powerful filters included: Creatives can utilize built-in filters with customizable sliders for complete flexibility. From Clarity, Dehaze and Color Adjustment to Sharpen effects, creatives will get the look they want every time.
- ● Batch process hundreds of images: Lay out compositions and flip between options with ease. Swap out backgrounds, foreground and text. Using subjects against green screen? Imerge Pro will automatically key, add the right edge colors and light wrap to every combination.
Pricing and Availability
Imerge Pro 2 is available immediately on the FXhome store from today for $149. The license contains two activations on Mac and PC.
For more information and technical requirements for Imerge Pro 2, please visit https://fxhome.com/imerge-pro.
In 2011, Josh Davies set out on a mission to prove that professional grade post-production tools can be made available to everyone. The result was HitFilm, an all-in-one video editing and visual effects software – at a fraction of the cost of other industry standard tools.
3.2 million users later, FXhome has branched out from leading post-production software tools in the video industry to offer Imerge Pro – image editing software options for photographers, compositors and pro editors alike.
What started as a big idea on a little budget, has grown to a global movement of creators who share FXhome’s vision for the future of photography and video software. Together, they have not only built one of the best VFX and image editing tools in the industry – but a community of artists who inspire and learn from each other.
For more information see fxhome.com