Wipster (www.wipster.io) today announced it has successfully raised $1.2 million USD in funding for its new cloud-based, collaborative video review and approval platform. Wipster was created by filmmaker Rollo Wenlock and a team of creative media tech experts, with a singular focus on creating a beautifully designed, intuitive digital media review and approval platform experience for content creators, filmmakers, in-house corporate media teams, or anyone creating video projects. Wipster helps bring together creative media teams, their colleagues and clients from wherever they may be to collaborate on digital media projects; simply, elegantly and quickly.
Wipster has been met with early praise from professional filmmakers, citing features like frame accurate Pinpoint Commenting among some of the most unique and valuable features of Wipster. Participants in a Wipster review session can give frame-accurate feedback without having to know what ‘frame accurate’ even means. By allowing people to comment at precise points in the video – and right on top of the video frame – Wipster has created a simple, even fun workflow for what was a tedious process.
With its first round of funding secured through New Zealand-area angel investors, Wipster has completed its first phase development with successful deployments across multiple segments involved in creating video, including large corporate enterprise customers as well as across the professional post-production, filmmaking and creative marketing/advertising communities.
Moving forward, Wipster is focused on expanding its feature set and migrating its platform to mobile devices. With the launch of Wipster on mobile platforms imminent, the Company will be able to significantly broaden its appeal to the collaborative workforce, providing the Wipster experience from wherever they may be and on any mobile device. Additionally in 2015, Wipster will further enhance the professional video production workflow by introducing integration with industry-popular editing, cloud storage and collaborations apps such as Apple’s Final Cut Pro X, Vimeo, Wistia, Basecamp, Box and Google Drive.
“This first round of funding, while integral to fueling our plans for growth for the Wipster platform, is also a strong affirmation for what we’re creating,” said Rollo Wenlock, founder and CEO of Wipster. “It’s become obvious that video – in all forms – is exploding. Businesses are realizing just how powerful this medium is for reaching their audiences. But on a broader spectrum, we’re observing high demand for elegant collaboration applications – such as Slack – which tell us that businesses are looking for tools that feel fun, but allow you to get real work done. I think the key to our early success is our unwavering commitment to simplicity. If we can create a sense of calm – and even fun – amidst the chaotic video approval process, we’ve won.”
To date, Wipster has enhanced the video review and approval workflow for a number of enterprise and creative customers, including NBC Universal, Evernote, Xero, GRAMMYs, Stanley Black & Decker, Daimler, Delta Air Lines and Whataburger.
What is Wipster?
Wipster combines a breadth of collaborative features with powerful video review features, such as the ability to share secure folders and work in progress versions with anyone with a simple invite. Wipster also offers frame accurate video playback, pinpoint commenting and content rich emails – all in a simple interface that eliminates the complexity of the creative collaboration process. Plus, Wipster allows users to deliver unlimited videos in their original formats – ideal for any post-production workflow. The team at Wipster has invested significant time and resources to ensure the user experience is as simple, elegant and fun as possible.
Wipster is available as a cloud-based, subscription service with options to meet any teams’ collaboration requirements. Wipster also provides users with a “Free Forever” plan that gives teams access to core Wipster features, and up to 40 minutes of video uploads per month.
Wipster is designed to meet the needs of content creators at the individual freelance level, and easily scales to satisfy the needs of boutique post-production studios, larger facilities and large corporate enterprise networks.
Wipster acts as a singular, simple and powerful review and approval platform combining features including:
- Pinpoint Commenting – Comment and reply to feedback directly on the video;
- To-Do List – No more copy and pasting from emails, generate and share to-do lists directly from Wipster;
- Version Stacking – Never lose track of what happened when with easy, unlimited access to every version of your video;
- Import from Dropbox – Easily get feedback on your videos from your Dropbox folder;
- Approval – include an approval button to get final sign-off;
- Frame Accurate Video Playback – Let your reviewers be specific and point to the right frame;
- Creating Teams – Create teams and invite people to work together as a team on the same account, no matter where they are;
- Sharing with ease – Easily share multiple videos, an entire folder of videos, or a password protected link with anyone;
- Social – Share a public link across social media platforms to solicit feedback;
- Security – We use the same encryption (256 SSL) as banks, so you know your content is safe and secure;
- Content Rich Emails – Receive at-a-glance frame and comment activity notifications via email, sent directly from within Wipster;
- Nudge – If you’re not hearing back from the team in a timely way, gently remind people to review your video when you’re waiting for them;
- Unlimited Sharing – Share your video with as many people as you want, wherever they are, no matter if they have an account;
- Unlimited Archive – All your videos stored in one place, no limits;
- Branded Presentation – And when you’re all done, create beautiful, tailored, branded presentations for clients.
To learn more about everything else Wipster can do for the creative review and approval workflow, please visit www.wipster.io.
Pricing and Availability
Wipster is available immediately and user accounts can be activated simply by visiting www.wipster.io.
Wipster offers a ‘free forever’ account with access to many of the core features that make Wipster the best collaboration platform available. For premium features, Wipster is available on a monthly subscription model, with pricing starting at $25.00 USD for a single user account, $50.00 USD for teams, and $100.00 USD for a pro company account. Enterprise level pricing is available upon request.
Wipster was created by filmmakers, creative media artists and a bunch of people who love technology, but hate tedium, process and drudgery. And that’s why they created Wipster; a beautiful, intuitive digital media review and approval platform designed for content creators, media teams, and anyone creating short-form video projects. Wipster helps bring together teams from wherever they may be to collaborate on digital media projects; simply, elegantly and quickly.
The review process is a painful one, but it doesn’t have to be. Wipster helps get you back to doing what you love.
For more information, or to sign up for Wipster, please visit www.wipster.io.