VEGAS POST Integrates Video Editing, VFX, Compositing Tools and Image Processing into a Powerful Video Post-Production Suite for Editors and VFX Artists:
Announces New Versions of VEGAS Effects and VEGAS Image
Madison, Wisconsin (April 21, 2020) – VEGAS Creative Software (www.vegascreativesoftware.com) announced today they are reinforcing their partnership with FXhome (www.fxhome.com) with the continued development of VEGAS POST, a powerful suite of editing, VFX, compositing and imaging tools for video professionals, editors and VFX artists. With today’s announcement, VEGAS Creative Software is unveiling major updates for VEGAS POST users with new versions of VEGAS Effects and VEGAS Image.
Announced during NAB 2019, the partnership between VEGAS Creative Software and FXhome – creators of the popular editing and VFX software, HitFilm – culminated in the release of VEGAS POST. With VEGAS Pro at its core, VEGAS POST provides industry-renowned editing tools coupled with expertise from FXhome in compositing and visual effects to offer a massive array of features and capabilities, ideally suited for video professionals in post-production facilities of all sizes and requirements – from individual artists to large studios, broadcasters and SME (small/medium enterprise) installations.
What’s New in VEGAS POST
The VEGAS POST workflow is centered around VEGAS Pro for editing, and adds VEGAS Effects and VEGAS Image for VFX, compositing and still-image editing. This new release includes new versions of both VEGAS Effects and VEGAS Image and includes the following updates:
Updated for NAB 2020, VEGAS Effects is a full-featured visual effects and compositing tool that provides a vast array of high-quality effects, presets, and correction tools for endless creative possibilities. With over 800 effects and filters to tweak, combine, pull apart, and put back together, VEGAS Effects provides users with a powerful library of effects including:
- Particle Generators
- Text and Titling
- Behavior Effects
- 3D Model Rendering
- A Unified 3D Space
- Fire and Lightning Generators
- Green Screen Removal
- Muzzle Flash Generators
- Picture in Picture
- Vertical Video Integration
VEGAS Image is a non-destructive RAW image compositor that enables video editors to work with still-image and graphical content and incorporate it directly into their final productions, and is all directly integrated with VEGAS POST. This new update to VEGAS Image delivers a broad range of feature updates including:
- Brush Masks: A new mask type that allows the user to brush in/out effects or layers and includes basic brush settings like radius, opacity, softness, spacing and smoothing;
- Multiple Layer Transform: Gives the ability to move, rotate and scale a selection of layers;
- Multi-Point Gradient Effect: An effect that enables users to create colored gradients using an unlimited amount of colored points;
- Light Rays Effect: An effect which uses bright spots to cast light rays in scenes, e.g., light rays streaming through trees;
- RAW Denoise: Bespoke denoise step for RAW images, which can remove defective pixels and large noise patterns;
- Lens Distortion Effect: Can be used to perform lens-based adjustments, such as barrel/pincushion distortion or chromatic aberration;
- Halftone Effect: Produces a halftone look, like a newspaper print or pop art;
- Configurable Mask Overlay Color: Users can now pick what color is overlaid when the mask overlay render option is enabled.
Pricing and Availability
VEGAS POST is available immediately and is priced at $999.00 USD. For more information, or to purchase VEGAS POST, please visit https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-post/. VEGAS POST is also available as a subscription, starting for as low as $21.00 USD per month. For more information on our subscription plans, please visit https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-post-365/.
About VEGAS Creative Software
In May 2016, MAGIX acquired the multiple award-winning VEGAS Pro and VEGAS Movie Studio product lines, along with other video and audio products. VEGAS Creative Software stands poised to take video editing to a new level. Our development teams in Madison, WI and Berlin, Germany are working on innovative solutions to old problems, and building tools that push the boundaries of what is currently possible.
The VEGAS Creative Software mission: to make VEGAS software faster, more efficient, and even more intuitive. Our goal: to provide users at all levels–from video editing amateurs to creative professionals–tools that are perfectly suited to their needs and demands.
For more information, please visit www.vegascreativesoftware.com