Ronkonkoma, NY – April 25, 2019 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading still photo and cinema lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, today announced its Lens Workshops lineup for the month of May, featuring six engaging and instructional workshops led by seasoned Sigma pros and technical representatives. Photographers nationwide are invited to attend to improve their existing skillsets or try a new genre altogether!
Sigma Lens Workshops May Lineup:
Macro Photography Workshop
San Jose Camera & Video will host a hands-on macro photography workshop on May 4, 2019 in Campbell, CA. Sigma representative Lew Held will be on hand to answer any questions.
- Saturday, May 4 10:00AM-4:00PM – Lecture & Hands-on Shoot – The workshop will begin with a one-hour lecture covering all essential close-up photography techniques. The lecture will be followed by a two-and-a-half hour shooting session where attendees will have the opportunity to take stunning photos of live reptiles, amphibians, insects and flowers. Sigma macro lenses will be available on loan.
San Jose Camera & Video –1600 Winchester Boulevard, Campbell, CA 95008
Sacramento Zoo Day
Mike’s Camera of California will host an interactive demo day at the Sacramento Zoo on May 5, 2019 in Sacramento, CA.
- Sunday, May 5 9:00AM-5:00PM – Demo Day – Attendees are invited to the Sacramento Zoo on May 5 for a chance to try out some of Sigma’s hottest lenses – for free (no registration required!). Mike’s Camera and Sigma staff will be on hand to help with any photography questions.
FREE; No Registration Needed
Sacramento Zoo – 3930 W Land Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95822
Wildlife/Macro Photography Workshop
Milford Photo will host a workshop focusing on wildlife & macro photography taught by Sigma Pro Roman Kurywczak from May 18-19, 2019 in Milford, CT. The two-day workshop will include an engaging lecture series followed by two hands-on workshops.
Lecture Series Agenda:
- Saturday, May 18 9:00-10:00AM – A Paradigm Shift in the World of Bird Photography – Roman will cover everything from gear to settings and techniques while also covering some of the most common mistakes photographers make in this exciting field.
- Saturday, May 18 10:30-11:30AM – Fast Glass for Night Photography – Whether it is the natural landscape with the star filled sky as a backdrop or even venturing out to photograph the landscapes or city lights from a helicopter, Roman will touch upon the best techniques so participants can create stunning night images of their own.
- Saturday, May 18 1:00-2:00PM – Macro Photography Without a Tripod – During the lecture Roman will provide attendees with the settings and secrets to creating their own tack sharp macro images whether you are out in the field or inside a facility that doesn’t allow the use of tripods.
- Saturday, May 18 2:30-3:30PM – For the Love of Landscapes – Attendees will join Roman on this inspirational journey showcasing the magic of the landscapes near and far. In this engaging lecture, he will provide instruction on how to capture stunning images day and night.
Hands-on Workshop Agenda:
- Saturday, May 18 6:00-8:00PM – Hands-on Bird Photography Workshop – Roman will lead a field shoot at the Connecticut Audubon Society Milford Point Coastal Center. Attendees can put all of the tips they learned at the earlier lecture to action. Sigma telephoto lenses will be available on loan. Separate registration required here; $29.95.
- Sunday, May 19 9:30-11:30AM and 1:00-3:30PM – Hands-on Macro Workshop – Attendees can leave their tripods at home for this workshop, where Roman will assist with the proper settings to help capture stunning images using multiple flower setups and other macro subjects. Separate registration required here; $29.95.
Cost: $49.95 (Hands-on shoots not included); Register Here
Masonic Lodge – 63 Broad Street, Milford, CT 06460
Sigma Demo Days & Wildlife Photography Workshop
Murphy’s Camera in Lexington, KY and Louisville, KY will be hosting two Sigma Demo Days on May 17th and May 18th led by Sigma technical representative Brett Wells. The Louisville location will also be hosting a wildlife photography workshop on May 18th. Brett will be on hand to discuss the current lineup of lenses and answer all things Sigma.
- Friday, May 17th 9:00AM-5:30PM – Demo Day – Sigma rep Brett Wells will be on hand to demo the current lineup and answer any questions. Also, there will be an exclusive Sigma sales promo during the event.
- Saturday, May 18th 9:00AM-4:00PM – Demo Day & Wildlife Photography Workshop – Nature photographers won’t want to miss this event, where Brett will host a one-hour lecture in addition to showing the best gear and techniques for wildlife photography.
FREE; No Registration Needed
Murphy’s Camera Louisville – 1440 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40204
Murphy’s Camera Lexington – 1100 Winchester Road, Lexington, KY 40505
Macro Photography Workshop
Cameta Camera will host a hands-on macro photography workshop led by Sigma technical representative Marc Farb at The Warehouse on Saturday, May 18, 2019 in Amityville, NY.
- Saturday, May 18 10:00AM-1:00PM – Class & Shooting Session – Attendees will join Marc Farb and reps from Cameta Camera for tips to getting great images, followed by a two-hour shoot of a variety of macro subjects in a well-lit setting. Sigma lenses will be available on loan.
Cost: $10; Register Here
The Warehouse – 203 Broadway, Amityville, NY 11701
Judy Host Portrait Photography Workshop
Shutterbug Camera Shops will host a two-part workshop on portrait and lifestyle photography led by Sigma pro Judy Host on Friday, May 31, 2019 in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Friday, May 31 4:00PM – Portrait Presentation & Lighting Techniques Workshop – Judy will cover the basics of portrait photography with topics including lighting, lens perspective, movement and creating art with the camera. The instructional presentation will be followed by a live model shoot with hands-on instruction. Sigma lenses will be available on loan.
Cost: $99; Register Here
Shutterbug Camera Shops – 3011c Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95407
About Sigma Dealer Workshops
Designed in collaboration with Sigma dealers around the country, the program engages photographers eager to learn new techniques and refine their photography skills through a series of classroom lectures and hands-on workshops. Led by Sigma technical representatives and photography experts, each workshop session hones in on a specific genre of photography such as portraiture, landscape, astrophotography and more. Normally a two-day workshop event, day one will focus on theory and educational best practices such as lighting, gear setup, camera settings, lens focal length and more. On day two, attendees put their newly acquired knowledge to the test with immersive hands-on, real world photo shoots and photo walks. Photographers of all skill levels, from novice to professional, are welcome to join in. The upcoming workshops schedule and details, including registration, cost, special promotions and agenda, can be found on the Sigma Events webpage.
About Sigma Corporation
Craftsmanship. Precision. Dedication. Since 1961, Sigma has been devoted to the pursuit of advancing photographic technology. Unique to the industry, the family-owned business produces its high-quality, award-winning still photo and cinema camera lenses, DSLR and mirrorless cameras, flashes, filters and accessories from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Aizu, Japan.
In 2012, the company introduced the Sigma Global Vision with three distinct lens lines: Art, Contemporary and Sport. Designed for industry camera mount systems including Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony and Sigma, each lens is handcrafted and tested in Japan to ensure a high-performance, premium product that is purpose-built to last. In 2016, Sigma entered into the world of cinematography lens production. Embodying the core optical DNA that has defined the Sigma benchmark of excellence, the cine lenses meet the needs of advanced 6k and 8k cinema production.
Sigma continues its tradition of imaging excellence with the mirrorless sd Quattro, sd Quattro H and the compact dp Quattro camera line. Leveraging the ultra-high resolution Foveon sensor, the Sigma Quattro cameras are designed to produce the highest quality image with every shot.