Ronkonkoma, NY – March 21, 2019 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading still photo and cinema lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, today announced its impressive Lens Workshops lineup for the month of April, featuring six hands-on workshops at Sigma dealers throughout the country. Photographers of all levels are invited to refine their skills and enhance their portfolios by shooting alongside Sigma pros. These workshops are a fantastic opportunity for photographers to up their game and try out a new genre of photography altogether.
Sigma Lens Workshops April Lineup:
Elkhorn Slough Photo Expedition
San Jose Camera & Video will host a hands-on outdoor photo shoot at Elkhorn Slough on April 6, 2019 in Campbell, CA. Sigma representative Lew Held along with San Jose Camera staff will instruct attendees on how to best capture outstanding shots of the beautiful wildlife.
· Saturday, April 6 9:00AM – Check-in & Boarding – Attendees are invited to arrive at Elkhorn Slough early to browse the Sigma lens collection available for loan on the photo cruise.
· Saturday, April 6 9:15-11:15AM – Watershed Cruise – The boat will board at 9:15 and travel in the Elkhorn Slough for two hours. Attendees will receive hands-on instruction from workshop leaders throughout the trip to ensure they’re making the most out of wildlife photo opportunities.
· Saturday, April 6 11:15AM-1:00PM – Otter Pupping Excursion – Attendees are welcome to stay after the cruise to join the instructors as they lead the group to Moss Landing State Beach to photograph sea otters.
Cost: $149.95; Register Here
Elkhorn Slough, Moss Landing – View Map Location Here
Roberts Camera will host its second astrophotography workshop with Sigma on April 6, 2019 in Indianapolis, IN. The two-part workshop will include in-depth instruction from seasoned photographers Marc Lebryk, Brian Matsumoto and Walt Kuhn.
· Saturday, April 6 2:00-3:00PM – Astrophotography Workshop – Roberts Camera invites photographers to attend the lecture and learn about the best configuration settings for astrophotography. The event will also feature a Sigma lens sale.
· Saturday, April 6 9:00-11:00PM – Hands-on Shooting – Attendees will meet at McCloud Nature Park in North Salem, Indiana to capture some stunning night shots of their own. Sigma lenses will be available on loan.
Cost: $49; Register Here
Roberts Camera – 220 E St Clair Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Curious Critters: From Portraits to Picture
PROCAM Cincinnati & Cincinnati Nature Center will host an informative presentation led by Sigma Pro David Fitzsimmons on photographing beautiful, peculiar critters on Friday, April 12,2019 in Milford, OH.
· Friday, April 12 7:00-9:00PM – Presentation – Attendees will learn how David turned his mesmerizing animal portraits into four traveling exhibits, numerous magazine articles, and a children’s picture book series that has won a dozen national book awards and sold over 100,000 copies. After explaining the history of the project, David will talk about the techniques, challenges and purposes for photographing creatures against white backgrounds.
Cost: $20; Register Here (all registrants will receive a $20 gift card to PROCAM)
Cincinnati Nature Center, Rowe Woods – 4949 Tealtown Road, Milford, OH 45150
Nature & Macro Photography Workshops
Hunt’s Photo will host a two-day workshop on nature and macro photography led by Sigma Pro Roman Kurywczak on April 13-14, 2019 in North Conway, NH.
· Saturday, April 13 9:00AM-1:00PM – Nature Lectures – Sigma Pro Roman Kurywczak will lead four instructional lectures covering a wide variety of nature topics. Attendees will learn tips on photographing wildlife, night sky, macro and landscapes. Lunch is included.
o Cost: $49; Register Here
· Saturday, April 13 9:00-11:00PM – Hands-on Night Shoot – Attendees will join Roman for a night photography workshop focusing on capturing the stars. Sigma lenses will be available for loan.
o Cost: $29; Register Here
· Sunday, April 14 9:30AM-2:30PM – Macro Photography Workshop – Roman will lead two instructional classes teaching the steps to take sharp macro images without using a tripod. Attendees will practice by capturing images of stunning floral arrangements and other macro subjects. Sigma representative Mike Deutsch will be on hand to loan Sigma lenses and answer any questions about them.
o Cost: $29; Register Here
North Conway Grand Hotel – 72 Common Court, Conway, NH 03860
Portrait Photography Workshop
Hunt’s Photo will host a two-day portrait photography workshop led by Sigma Pro Judy Host on April 27-28, 2019 in Hamden, CT.
· Saturday, April 27 9:30AM-4:00PM – Portrait Presentation – Judy Host will cover the basics of portrait photography with topics including lighting, lens perspective, movement and creating art with the camera.
o Cost: $50; Register Here
· Sunday, April 28 9:30AM-12:00PM and 1:30-4:00PM – Lighting Techniques Workshops – Registrants can choose either a morning or afternoon session to join Judy at a live model shoot with hands-on instruction. Sigma lenses will be available on loan.
o Cost: $65; Register Here
Whitney Center – 200 Leeder Hill Drive, Hamden, CT
Sports Photography Workshop
San Jose Camera & Video will host a sports photography workshop with Sigma’s Lew Held followed by hands-on shooting of the San Jose Giants as they play the Stockton Ports on Sunday, April 28, 2019 in San Jose, CA.
· Saturday, April 27 1:00PM – Sports Photography Seminar – Attendees will learn how to capture the action and get awe-inspiring images during a sports photography seminar the day before the game at San Jose Camera.
· Sunday, April 28 12:00PM – San Jose Giants Game – This workshop will put registrants right in the action with live game experience to capture photos of. Attendees will enjoy a BBQ dinner and a beverage while taking in the sights and sounds of the spring baseball game. Sigma lenses will be available on loan.
Cost: $99; Register Here
San Jose Municipal Stadium – 588 E Alma Ave, San Jose, CA 95112
About Sigma Dealer Workshops
Designed in collaboration with Sigma dealers around the country, the program engages photographers eager to learn new techniques and refine their photography skills through a series of classroom lectures and hands-on workshops. Led by Sigma technical representatives and photography experts, each workshop session hones in on a specific genre of photography such as portraiture, landscape, astrophotography and more. Normally a two-day workshop event, day one will focus on theory and educational best practices such as lighting, gear setup, camera settings, lens focal length and more. On day two, attendees put their newly acquired knowledge to the test with immersive hands-on, real world photo shoots and photo walks. Photographers of all skill levels, from novice to professional, are welcome to join in. The upcoming workshops schedule and details, including registration, cost, special promotions and agenda, can be found on the Sigma Events webpage.
About Sigma Corporation
Craftsmanship. Precision. Dedication. Since 1961, Sigma has been devoted the pursuit of advancing photographic technology. Unique to the industry, the family-owned business produces its high-quality, award-winning still photo and cinema camera lenses, DSLR and mirrorless cameras, flashes, filters and accessories from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Aizu, Japan.
In 2012, the company introduced the Sigma Global Vision with three distinct lens lines: Art, Contemporary and Sport. Designed for industry camera mount systems including Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony and Sigma, each lens is handcrafted and tested in Japan to ensure a high-performance, premium product that is purpose-built to last. In 2016, Sigma entered into the world of cinematography lens production. Embodying the core optical DNA that has defined the Sigma benchmark of excellence, the cine lenses meet the needs of advanced 6k and 8k cinema production.
Sigma continues its tradition of imaging excellence with the mirrorless sd Quattro, sd Quattro H and the compact dp Quattro camera line. Leveraging the ultra-high resolution Foveon sensor, the Sigma Quattro cameras are designed to produce the highest quality image with every shot.