Ronkonkoma, NY – June 8, 2017 –Sigma Corporation of America, a leading DSLR lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, announced today that its 24-35mm T2.2 FF Zoom Cine lens will begin shipping in June 2017 for a retail price of $4999.00 USD. Compatible with full-frame image sensors, the high-performance 24-35mm T2.2 FF offers the resolving power and optical quality required for capturing video up to 8K. A rare option for cinematographers, the 24-35mm T2.2 FF caters to the requirements of the latest digital cinema cameras' image sensors, which are larger than Super 35, expanding the range of compatible cameras.
The Sigma 24-35mm T2.2 FF Zoom supports E and EF camera system mounts.
Sigma 24-35mm T2.2 Cine FF Zoom Lens Features and Benefits:
Superior optical performance
• Includes manual linear iris control and electronic mounts for vital camera metadata
• Unbeatable value – the highest optical performance in its class and outstanding compact design
• Crafted in Aizu, Japan with each lens individually tested with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system “A1”
- Optimal image quality for the latest full-frame sensor technology: This lens offers top performance thanks to the outstanding optical design found in Sigma’s celebrated Global Vision line with 100% retained optics. It also features a 100% new mechanical lens body design, created to specifically cater to the needs of the modern cinematographer.
- Purpose built for filmmaking: Designed for filmmakers at all levels, the Sigma Cine Lenses are suitable for student to indie to big-budget Hollywood productions. Filmmakers looking for high-quality, reliable lenses at attractive prices will find the lenses to be a perfect fit.
>Outstanding resolving power
• The Sigma Cine 24-35mm Cine lens is ideal for filmmakers shooting across a range of high-quality formats, as it is equipped with 4K, 6K and 8K capabilities.
• Constant T2.2 aperture throughout focal range
• Mount with dust- and splash-proof construction
• Luminous paint markings to aid changing and operating in low light situations
• Features a long focus rotation of 180 degrees
About Sigma Corporation
Craftsmanship. Precision. Dedication. Since 1961, Sigma has been devoted the pursuit of advancing photographic technology. Unique to the industry, the family-owned business produces its high-quality, award-winning camera lenses, DSLR cameras, flashes, filters and accessories from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Aizu, Japan. In 2012, the company introduced the Sigma Global Vision with three distinct lens lines: Art, Contemporary and Sport. Designed for industry camera mount systems including Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony and Sigma, each lens is handcrafted and tested in Japan to ensure a high-performance, premium product that is purpose-built to last.
Sigma continues its tradition of imaging excellence with the mirrorless sd Quattro, sd Quattro H and the compact dp Quattro camera line. Leveraging the ultra-high resolution Foveon sensor, the Sigma Quattro cameras are designed to produce the highest quality image with every shot.
Zazil Media Group for Sigma Corporation