Productions benefit from online production platform investments
Forward-looking production companies and broadcasters have seamlessly transitioned from working at the office to working from home due to investments in online production solutions.
Broadcasting and production are no more isolated from the effects of the Coronavirus than any other industry. While VOD explodes, projects in various stages of development, preproduction and production are shut down or put on hold. But not at the Finnish public broadcaster YLE. Instead, YLE increases its production spending, both internally and to support the Finnish production community.
Seamless transition from office to working from home
YLE is often leading the curve in innovation and has heavily invested towards a wholly digital production flow. That has paid off as the worries about the Coronavirus mounted and YLE sent staff to work from home if possible.
“Preproductions continue as planned”, says Rami Lindholm, team leader at the Finnish public broadcaster YLE. “Through our online preproduction and production platforms, our teams seamlessly moved from working at the office to working from home.”
Making fast changes in programming possible
The Corona crisis has, however, increased the need for updated programming and rapid production of new programs. Due to YLE’s already distributed workflow with Dramatify at the centre, this can happen from home.
“No one questions the need for online cloud-based systems anymore,” says Rami Lindholm.
New real-time production updates
Dramatify’s new real-time production update functionality helps to keep the distributed production teams in the loop. New, changed or deleted episodes, scripts, characters, sets and locations are automatically logged and presented according to each user’s access rights. Users can also add notes to inform their team members about changed details.
The dashboard keeps teams on top of production changes
The real-time production updates join several key features on Dramatify’s dashboard that keeps each user on top of all of their productions in one place.
“Staying on top of fast-changing details is one of the top challenges for most productions”, says Dramatify CEO and co-founder Annika Lidne.
“With both the dashboard and the new real-time production updates, we serve not only the core production members, but also makeup artists, set designers, wardrobe designers, set construction, location scouts and many others. That not only allows them to work from home but also decreases the risk for mistakes that cost time and money.”
- The Dramatify platform includes the workflow from team management, rundowns and scripts through preproduction, cast, sets and locations to shooting with call sheets and reporting.
- The Dramatify platform works for most genres: drama, entertainment, current affairs, factuals, documentaries, commercials, music and sports
- The Dramatify platform is accessible online and does not require any download or installation. Customers include single productions as well as production companies and broadcasters.
- Dramatify is a startup from Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to bring modern, collaborative production management solutions to TV, film, broadcasting and online video productions.
- More information at www.dramatify.com