Cinematography, Post Production, and Technology Programs Unveiled
(Burbank, CA) C
, the entertainment and media industry’s showcase for previewing and learning about the latest trends and groundbreaking technology, will take place November 3rd & 4th, 2010 at the Burbank Marriott in Burbank, California. Createasphere has unveiled the schedule of events for the popular content creation gathering.
Programs and events set for Createasphere Entertainment Technology Exposition include:
* Exposition: The exhibition featuring top manufacturers, experts, and companies serving the community of content creators. A full list of exhibitors is available at
* Gear Alley: Createasphere Entertainment Technology Exposition outdoor exhibition area focusing on the latest production technologies, cameras, and lighting:
* The Gear Alley Panel – “How Did They Get That SHOT???” Sponsored by SOC: Top camera operators, grips, Steadicam operators, and cinematographers deconstruct amazing shots from features and television programs. November 3rd, 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm, Main Theater.
Panelists: Mitch Dubin, SOC: Saving Private Ryan, Minority Report, War of The Worlds, Steven Poster, ASC: Donnie Darko, Blade Runner, Dan Pearl, ASC: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, The Obama Effect, Chris Tufty, SOC: The Spirit of Yosemite, Boomtown, The Closer, Paul Babin, SOC: Valkyrie, Terminator, Magnolia, Indiana Jones, Dan Kneece, SOC: Nine Lives, Bruce Almighty, The Patriot, Jackie Brown, Dave Frederick, SOC: Sons of Anarchy, Driving Miss Daisy, Jack Messitt, SOC: Irreversi, Bones, and Robert Reed Altman, SOC: Prairie Home Companion, Cloverfield
* Intensives: In-depth learning sessions from Adobe, AJA, Canon, Litepanels, Sony 35mm Digital Motion Picture Camera Technology, Panasonic 3D, and more. Free with prior sign up:
* The Cinematography Program at AFI: Focus on Excellence panel: AFI Cinematography alumnae Wally Pfister, ASC (“Inception”), Petra Korner (“My Soul To Take”), Darren Genet (“CSI Miami,” “A Good Funeral,” “Lucky”), Uta Brieswitz (“Hung,” “The Wire”), and Tommy Upshaw (“The Inheritance,” “Christmas in Beverly Hills,” “When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts”), talk about training, careers and the future of cinematography with Stephen Lighthill, ASC, Artist in residence at AFI. November 4th, 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm, Main Theater.
* MeetUps: HDSLR MeetUp, November 3rd, 10:30 am and LAFCPUG, November 3rd, 6:00 pm:
* SHOOT IT SHARE IT: Grand Prize Award announcement for Panasonic’s contest: November 4th, 4:00 pm, Panasonic Booth# 405
* Education: A full compliment of professional educational offerings take place before and after the Expo, including the LA debut of the artemis camera stabilizer Workshop, October 30th – November 1st, the Panasonic 3D Production Workshop and the launch of the highly anticipated Post Production Master Class, both slated for November 5th & 6th.
All Createasphere events take place at the Burbank Marriott Convention Center. Registration is free by visiting createasphere.com/En/burbank-registration.html. For further information visit createashere.com or call 818.842.6611.
Createasphere is a global community builder for the entertainment technology industry, building and connecting communities and advancing technology and careers through expos, conferences, education and online offerings.
Createasphere was founded in 2001 as HD EXPO, and over the past decade has grown into a global company that develops and presents influential events for the content creation community, on line and face to face. Founded by Kristin Petrovich Kennedy in Los Angeles, Createasphere became part of Diversified Business Communications in 2009, now driving their entertainment strategies and properties division. Currently Createasphere is presenting the Createasphere Entertainment Technology Expos in New York and LA, The Digital Asset Management Conference, in New York and Los Angeles, The DAMMY Awards in New York, Cinema India in Mumbai, and workshops focused on 3D, Canon EOS, REDucation, and Post Production Master Classes in the US and abroad.
Createasphere is headquartered in Burbank, California (
# # #
Media Contact: Chris Purse
ignite strategic communications