Guilford, U.K. — Boris FX & Imagineer Systems announce mocha Pro 5 plug-in for OFX. mocha Pro’s highly regarded visual effects software has been used on countless high profile film and television projects including Game of Thrones, Star Wars:Episode IV and The Walking Dead.
The new OFX plug-in capability now gives artists running The Foundry’s Nuke and Blackmagic Design’s Fusion Studio the added capability to launch mocha Pro directly from the host application for an efficient visual effects workflow. mocha Pro 5 plug-in for OFX is available on Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems.
“Compositors are loving the improvements found in the new mocha Pro plug-in,” says Ross Shain, CMO of Boris FX and Imagineer Systems. “We’ve updated the planar tracking algorithm to take advantage of OpenCL video processing and speed increases on high resolution projects are tremendous.” Shain continues, “While mocha has played a role in VFX projects for years, the ability to now launch directly as an OFX host plug-in helps artists quickly access tools for advanced tracking, roto, object removal and image stabilization without the added hassle of managing multiple applications and projects. Jumping back and forth between mochaand Nuke or Fusion has never been easier.” Imagineer’s partners and customers are also appreciating the new OFX plug-in.
“mocha Pro is well regarded in the visual effects & finishing community as a complementary tool for NUKE users,” says Sean Brice, NUKE product manager at The Foundry. “Imagineer’s new OFX plug-in integration gives NUKE artists the option to work with mocha within a NUKE project, streamlining themocha and NUKE workflow.
According to Brigitte Bourque, Digital Effects Supervisor at award-winning studio FuseFX, “mocha Pro is an essential tool in our NUKE pipeline. The compositor is the steward of the work we are entrusted with. That means getting the work out on time and on budget. Every one of our compositors uses mocha Pro to help make that happen.”
mocha Pro 5 OFX plug-in for The Foundry’s Nuke
“Imagineer’s new mocha Pro plug-in works with Fusion’s OFX support to create a seamless workflow for our VFX customers,” said Dan May, President, Blackmagic Design. “With the plug-in, VFX artists can use mocha without ever having to leave their projects in Fusion, ultimately saving them time and allowing them to focus on the project at hand rather than workflow headaches.”
mocha Pro 5 OFX inside Fusion Studio
New in mocha Pro 5
- New Plug-in for OFX. mocha Pro 5 is now available as a plug-in option for OFX capable host editing and effects applications. This new capability adds unique tools for planar tracking, masking, and object removal and makes them fully accessible in The Foundry’s Nuke and Blackmagic Design’s Fusion Studio. (support for other OFX host support coming soon)
- Open CL GPU tracking performance: mocha planar tracking has been updated to take advantage of supported video card hardware for significantly faster motion tracking on high resolution sources.
- Improved online licensing mechanism allows users to easily activate/deactivate a license and run mocha Pro on their computer of choice.
- Improvements & bug fixes: including improved layouts, faster project saving, and much more.
New pricing: With a list price of $695 and upgrades starting at $395, the mocha Pro 5 plug-in option is the most affordably priced release to date.
Price List: (USD) mocha Pro 5 Plug-in Option:
● Plug-in Option: OFX (Full) $695
● Plug-in Option: OFX (Upgrade from mocha Pro 4) $395
● Plug-in Option: Multi-Host (Avid, Adobe, OFX) (Full) $995
mocha Pro 5 Standalone Application: $1,495
Cross Platform, floating licenses for enterprise customers are available by request.
Annual Subscription Option:
● 1 Year Subscription includes: Standalone Application + Multi-Host Plug-ins $595
About Imagineer Systems: UK-based Imagineer Systems is the Academy Award-winning developer of mocha: Planar Tracking based visual effects solutions for film and video post production. Imagineer has made its mark on major feature films including: Star Wars: Episode VII, The Hobbit, and the Harry Potter series. In 2015, Imagineer Systems was acquired by Boris FX, a leading developer of effects, titling, and workflow plug-ins for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Together the newly merged Boris FX / Imagineer Systems company group services millions of editing and visual effects professionals worldwide.
Media Contact: Jessie Electa Petrov, Director of Marketing Boris FX & Imagineer Systems: email@example.com
All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.