3D artistsâ€™ gain interactive viewport rendering, real-time stereoscopic preview, Virtual Studio Tools for immersive walkthroughs and the first complete linear color space workflow, all within an enhanced user interface
, a worldwide leader of 3D animation and video products is now shipping NewTek LightWaveâ„¢ 10â€”the latest version of its EmmyÂ® Award-winning 3D software. LightWave 10 delivers a new set of capabilities to 3D producers and studio pipelines, allowing artists to focus on the creative process with tools that provide immediate feedback in single or mixed software environments.
LightWave 10 product features video:
LightWave 10 Viewport Preview Render (VPR) video:
LightWave 10 leverages new technologies developed in LightWave CORE, and showcases NewTekâ€™s commitment to the creation of tools that support the artistic process. With LightWave 10, artists have the ability to interact directly in the viewport and see changes to lights, textures, volumetrics and more, to view updates to their stereoscopic work in real-time and to deliver realistic environment walkthroughs in ways never before possible. With a fresh interface and data interchange tools that enhance pipeline integration, LightWave 10 is the most artist-friendly, production-ready version of LightWave to date. Developed through continued collaboration with 3D artist members of the LightWave HardCORE community and key Hollywood studios, LightWave 10 delivers the benefits artists count on.
The new VPR feature in LightWave 10 takes advantage of the CPU and GPU to provide instanteous rendered feedback.
â€œWe upgraded to LightWave 10 with its linear color space workflow because it lets us achieve photorealism so much faster. It helps bring out all the qualities of the rock solid LightWave render engine,â€? said Stefan Bredereck, supervising artist EdenFX. â€œWith LightWave, we achieved the needed results super fast, and we accomplished even the most challenging tasks, LightWave 10 speeds things up even more. The new features make it a very valuable tool for our studio.â€?
LightWave 10 new features and benefits include:
– Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR)–render in real-time, with the ability to limit the render region, for maximum performance
– New Anaglyph Stereoscopic Previewâ€”real-time interocular, â€˜red-blueâ€™ anaglyphic separation delivers the ability to view changes as they happen
– Virtual Studio Toolsâ€”supports InterSense Virtual Camera Tracking System (VCAM) and 3Dconnexion 3D mouse, allowing interaction with models and scenes in real time
New anaglyph features offer greater control in the creation of stereoscopic 3D animation.
– Linear Color Space Workflowâ€”supports custom Look Up Tables (LUTs) for more realistic lighting, and to maximize compositing flexibility
– New Data Interchange Toolsâ€”support for MDD, AutodeskÂ® Geometry Cache, FBXÂ® and COLLADAâ„¢ make it easy to move data from one application to another
– Updated User Interface (UI)â€”interactive channel sliders, added control for custom colors, and numerous workflow enhancements deliver a more dynamic user experience
Try LightWave 10 free for 30 days at
â€œOur goal with LightWave 10 is to deliver workflows that best serve the artist and support their creative discovery process, allowing them to interact with their 3D content like never before,â€? said Rob Powers, NewTek vice president of 3D development. “Technology should serve the artist, and not the other way around. This is how the Virtual Art Department (VAD) worked, which my team innovated on â€˜Avatar.â€™ It helped transform filmmaking to serve the director.â€?
Pricing and Availability
LightWave 10 is now available.
– For a limited time the upgrade price from LightWave v9 to LightWave 10 is US $495â€”and includes membership in the LightWave HardCORE community with immediate access to preview builds of LightWave CORE
– For a limited time a full license for LightWave 10 is US $895â€”and includes membership in the LightWave HardCORE community with immediate access to preview builds of LightWave CORE
Educational pricing is also available. For more information, please visit
or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
NewTek LightWave 3DÂ® combines a state-of-the-art renderer with powerful, intuitive modeling, and animation tools. LightWave 10 is designed to support the creative process, providing the artist with the ability to interact in real time with 3D content, to work seamlessly with the full range of software applications in production pipelines and to render on unlimited render nodes. LightWave is enjoyed worldwide, as a complete 3D production solution for visual effects in film, television, broadcast graphics, print, games, visualization, and the Web, and is responsible for more artists winning EmmyÂ® Awards than any other 3D application.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in 3D animation and special effects tools, portable live production and video editing including LightWave 3DÂ®, the TriCasterâ„¢ product line and 3PLAYâ„¢. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two EmmyÂ® Awards. NewTek products have been used in blockbuster films and television shows, including “Avatar,” “Repo Men,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Tintin,” “The Dark Knight,” “Iron Man,” “Caprica,” “V,” “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “Lost,” “Fringe” and more.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio. For more information, please visit: