doddlePRO Digital, Mobile Call Sheets Transform Planning and Logistics for Production Managers on Growing Number of Television Episodics, Commercials and Documentaries
Boulder, CO (July 25, 2012)
– Mobile Imagination, LLC is gaining significant traction among the professional television production community as
) is quickly becoming the must-have tool for production planning and logistics management.
is the Company’s online, collaborative call sheet and planning solutions for professional productions.
Since its introduction at the Sundance Film Festival in 2011,
and its accompanying online production guide,
, quickly grew in popularity among indie filmmakers as a necessary tool for planning productions under tight budgets and with scarce resources. The professional television production community worldwide has also taken notice and is embracing
as their new hub for all facets of production planning and logistics management.
Tight budgets and scarce resources are issues not solely unique to indie filmmakers, however. With pressures in Hollywood – and worldwide – to keep production costs in check, work under increasingly tight deadlines and the highest efficiencies, production managers from prime time television shows, major television networks and production companies are standardizing on
Today, independent production companies are using
to manage the logistics of major television productions for their clients on shows such as EXTRA, commercials and promos for Toyota, NASCAR, NBC’s
, TaylorMade golf clubs, and for the New York Knicks; stage productions like
; by entrants in the 48 Hour Film Festival; and at media production companies like Manhattan Place Entertainment. Additionally,
is used by 5 Creative/Channel 5 UK for projects like Big Brother UK, and is in trials at the BBC Scotland and is being considered for company-wide deployment.
As enthusiasm for
grows, users are speaking out. Stephane Wrate is the production manager for 5 Creative/Channel 5 UK and said this about
is genius! Just having the call sheet saved straight to my phone is a tremendous time saver. All contacts, locations and schedules are instantly at my fingertips on my iPhone, and I’ve eliminated loads of paperwork. We finally have a production tool that really works!”
Mitch Rosenthal is the production manager for
Very Funny News
and relies on
and the iOS app for the iPhone. He commented, “
is a must for anyone in production. It’s such a great and easy resource to use on the go!”
Jamie Cohen is the production manager for Manhattan Place Entertainment, a New York City-based, Emmy Award-winning production company specializing in television commercial and episodic productions. Jamie added, “
has made our life so easy! In the production world there are always last minute changes and being able to make them on your phone and on the run is awesome.
is the only way to stay one step ahead!”
Richter Hartig, the vice president of production finance for STARZ adds, “
is exactly what our industry should be using in 2012!”
And Tommy Post, senior production manager for the prime time television show, EXTRA, sums up
in two words: “Wicked simple!”
What doddle is All About: The doddle Platform
is based on a powerful platform developed by Mobile Imagination to create collaborative, mobile and cloud-based efficiency tools for businesses and creative professionals.
Today, the Company provides four primary offerings for the professional production community:
- The doddle Directory for the iPhone: doddle is the first entirely free interactive, digital mobile production resource guide for the film and video industry. doddle is designed for anyone involved in the production process and provides easy access to key resources and information to help find anything and anyone required for a shoot – from producers, directors, photographers, grips, gaffers, sound and talent to information about hotels, restaurants, catering, transportation, even the local weather forecast.
- doddlePRO is a mobile, collaborative call sheets and productions planning efficiency tool optimized for the desktop/browser, iPhone and iPad.
- doddlePRO Online is a browser based version of the Company’s collaborative call sheets and planning tool, ideal for larger productions and teams coordinating efforts from a central location and communicating to its people in the field. doddlePROOnline automatically synchs with iOs devices and provides a powerful hub of logistical operations for the crew. Both doddlePRO and doddlePROOnline are seamlessly integrated with the doddle Directory, allowing for a one-button solution for quickly and easily adding resources to call sheets.
- doddleNEWS is a free online news service with daily industry news for the production community, reported by creative production professionals. It includes industry news for pros, reported by pros with the primary goal of delivering credible, valuable and relevant content for the community.
About Mobile Imagination, LLC
Mobile Imagination develops collaborative mobile and cloud based apps and services for business and creative professionals that take the pain out of logistics and data management associated with just about any project. Today, the Company provides a family of solutions for the professional production, television and film community and have designed a family of mobile and cloud-based solutions to help create a paperless, highly collaborative workflow experience for the filmmaking and television production community. The Company’s solutions are tailored for everyone from indie filmmakers to the world largest broadcast operations. The company was founded in 2009 by software industry and professional production industry veterans Jim Robertson and Rich Kwiat. For more information, please visit