These popular courses are designed for serious filmmakers, cinematographers & directors preparing to shoot a stereoscopic 3D feature, commercial, short, or documentary.
Dates & times are forming for â€Žour successful “hands-on” 3D Training Workshop at the 3D Film Factory studios in San Diego, USA. The next available course is Saturday, April 16th. Check the website for additional dates throughout 2011. Visit us at
or email us at
These day long sessions guide filmmakers thru the principles and art of 3D filmmaking, from inception, production, shooting & even post. You get one-on-one instruction from World-class, veteran stereographers, while spending a majority of the day shooting on stereoscopic beam-splitter and side-by-side 3D rigs.
3D Workshop Topics Include:
– Determining the 3D needs of the participants & their projects
– A tour-de-force “the principles of stereoscopic 3D filmmaking”
– Translating your 2D ideas into working 3D images
– What 3D Rig should I use with my cameras?
– Nagging Gen-lock issues and how it works
– When to use a beam-splitter vs. side-by-side vs. 3D camcorder (dual lens)
– You too can calibrate & prep a 3D rig, with a little practice
– After 3D theory — majority of the day is shooting with 3D Rigs – beam-splitter & side-by-side
– New 3D camcorders (dual lens) – uses & limitations & what “they” don’t tell you
– Top secret 3D shooting secrets & ratios exposed !
– Depth vs. pop vs. parallax
– Can you say perfect – picture alignment 10x’s fast?
– Balancing convergence, parallax & io to achieve comfortable 3D images
– How to tell professional 3D vs. amateur 3D (hint: amateur 3D = headaches)
– Shooting beautiful, balanced 3D images that serve the story – it can happen to you
– Re-lighting for 3D
– How to use and calibrate a real-time 3D monitor
– The 3D postproduction workflow & you
– How to “Fix it in 3D Post” for Dummies
– 3D exhibition formats & how they affect your production (hint: start here & work backwards)
– AND — all the other nitty-gritty details you need to know to create superior looking, professional 3D, because at the end of the day (workshop) we realize that these training sessions are really about you and your upcoming 3D project. Therefore our goal is to teach you all we can about 3D, while addressing your individual needs and issues — and in the end, make you look good. Or at least – your 3D look good.
For more INFORMATION or to REGISTER – email
, or visit