iPi Soft, LLC, today announced iPi Motion Capture Version 4, a comprehensive next version of its popular markerless motion capture software. Version 4 introduces a highly anticipated real-time preview capability for a single depth sensor. Other new features and enhancements in Version 4 include support for new depth sensors (Intel RealSense D415 / D435, ASUS Xtion2 and Orbbec Astra/ Astra Pro); improved arms and body tracking; and support for action cameras such as GoPro and SJCAM. With Version 4, iPi Soft also introduces a perpetual license model.
“We are delighted to introduce real-time tracking feedback in Version 4 that allows users to preview the motion tracking result transferred to 3D characters at the time of performance,” Michael Nikonov, iPi Soft founder and chief technology architect, said. “The combination of real-time tracking, expanded support for the latest in depth sensor technology and wide-angle action camera compatibility in Version 4 elevates the content creation experience for high-end film, television and games customers where a fast and reliable workflow is essential.”
Benefits of iPi Motion Capture Version 4 Real Time Tracking:
The new real-time tracking feature in Version 4 uses i , a free software provided by iPi Soft for capturing, play back and processing video records from multiple cameras and depth sensors, to communicate to software, that tracks in real-time speed and instantly transfers motion to 3D characters. This allows users to see how the motion will look on a 3D character and improve motion accordingly at the time of acting and recording, without the need to redo multiple iterations of acting, recording and offline tracking.
Live tracking results can then be stored to disk for additional offline post-processing, such as tracking refinement (to improve tracking accuracy), manual corrections and jitter removal to provide end users with an accurate, flexible and efficient workflow.
iPi Mocap Version 4 currently includes the real-time tracking feature for a single depth sensor only. iPi Soft is scheduled to bring real-time functionality for multiple depth sensors to users by the end of this year.
Development of plug-ins for popular 3D game engines, including Unreal Engine and Unity, is also underway.
Key Tracking Features in iPi Motion Capture Version 4:
Real-time Tracking and Other Tracking Improvements
· Real-time tracking support of human performance for live preview for a single depth sensor (Basic and Pro configurations), motion can be transferred to a 3D character.
· Improved individual body parts tracking, after performing initial tracking, allows users to re-do tracking for selected body parts to fix tracking errors more quickly.
· Tracking improvements of head and hands when used in conjunction with Sony’s PS Move motion controller that takes into account joint limits.
Support For New Sensors And Cameras
· Support for Intel RealSense D415 / D435 depth cameras, Asus Xtion2 motion sensors and Orbbec Astra / Astra Pro 3D cameras.
· Support for action cameras such as GoPro and SJCAM, including wide-angle cameras, allows users to come closer to the camera decreasing space requirements.
· Ability to calibrate individual internal parameters of any camera, helps users to correctly reconstruct 3D information from video for improved overall tracking quality.
· Ability to load unsynchronized videos from multiple cameras and then use iPi Recorder to sync and convert footage to .iPiVideo format used by iPi Mocap Studio.
· With support of action cameras, video frame rate can reach up to 120 fps to allow for tracking extremely fast motions.
A complete list of the new feature enhancements in iPi Motion Capture 4 is available .
Pricing and Availability:
With Version 4, iPi Soft is introducing a perpetual license model. The perpetual license is not time-limited and includes two years with full support and software updates. Afterwards, users have the option to subscribe to a support plan to continue receiving full support and software updates. Alternatively, they can continue using their latest software version.
iPi Motion Capture Version 4 is also available as a subscription-based model. Prices range from $165 to $1995 depending on the version of software (Express, Basic, Pro) and duration of subscription. The Basic edition provides support for up to 6 Sony PS3 Eye cameras or 2 Kinect sensors, and tracking of a single actor. The Pro version features full 16-camera / 4 depth sensors capability and can track up to 3 actors. A free 30-day trial for Version 4 is available .
Additional information on iPi Soft license and pricing is available .
About iPi Soft:
Moscow-based developer, iPi Soft, LLC, develops powerful markerless motion capture software technology that uses sophisticated image processing and computer vision algorithms to recognize and track the human body. The company’s software is used by creative professionals and prosumers around the world to digitize the movement of a human skeleton, rendering it expressive in 3D characters for video games, computer generated films, as well as for medical, military and other applications. For additional information, on iPi Soft, product pricing, product configurations or a 30-day free trial please visit, .
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
# # #