Attendees can see demos of brand-new Visualizer features alongside presentations of commercial work created with interactive ray tracing
San Francisco, CA, July 9, 2013:
At SIGGRAPH 2013,
will showcase new developments in ray-traced graphics through a series of tech talks, customer demonstrations, and sneak previews of Caustic Visualizer for Maya® v1.2 and Caustic Visualizer for 3ds Max® 1.0 at the Imagination Technologies booth, 351.
Imagination will also lead several talks at SIGGRAPH on the advancement and expansion of ray-traced graphics technology for rendering photo-realistic, cinema-quality 3D to artists in media and entertainment.
Complete Presentation Schedule:
• Monday, July 22, 2:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. – Convention Center, room 304 A-D “
” This SIGGRAPH course will feature James McCombe, Imagination director of research and Caustic co-founder, as part of a session presenting the state-of-the-art in ray tracing technology.
• Tuesday, July 23, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. – Convention Center, booth 117 “Accelerating Look Development with Real-Time, Interactive Ray-Traced Viewports” During this tech talk, presenters will discuss real-time use of Imagination’s ray tracing hardware and Visualizer viewport plugins to help users make better-informed creative choices in their modelling and lighting pipelines.
• Wednesday, July 24, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Convention Center, room 303 A-B “
” This SIGGRAPH panel will include McCombe in a discussion on taking full advantage of the latest GPU design and implementations to bring advanced graphics to smartphone and tablet users.
• Wednesday, July 24, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. – Convention Center, booth 117 “The Architecture of High-End Mobile Graphics Hardware” This tech talk will highlight the key aspects of Imagination’s PowerVR GPUs, including information on the new PowerVR Series6 architecture; the architecture behind high-end mobile devices set to ship in the next 6-12 months. Presenters will also compare PowerVR Series6 against PowerVR Series5/5XT, as well as other conventional GPU solutions, and provide an overview of how the hardware works.
• Daily – Ongoing in the Imagination Technologies booth 351 Joining Imagination’s booth will be Mads Drøschler of Freaky Nest and Gavin Greenwalt of StraightFace Studios, who will showcase the commercial VFX and arch-viz projects they’ve created with the Caustic Visualizer and Series2 card. Additionally, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday and 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday, Steven Roselle of Autodesk will showcase how he uses the Visualizer and Series2 card in his Maya workflow.
In addition to presentations on its ray tracing technology, Imagination will demonstrate its market-leading PowerVR graphics (GPU) technologies for the smartphone and embedded markets. This will include:
• PowerVR Series6 GPUs, with demonstrations of the first PowerVR Series6 devices and OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenCL demos, including GPU compute applications for rigid body physics, image processing, fluid dynamics, and many more
• The latest PowerVR software development kit (SDK) delivering advanced tools for content creation
If you would like to schedule a meeting with Imagination Technologies or preview a demonstration of its ray tracing technology at SIGGRAPH 2013, please contact: Alex Kelley at
Caustic Visualizer is a plug-in that enables artists to replace their rasterized viewport in Autodesk Maya 2012-2014 and 3ds Max 2012-2014 with a fully ray traced viewport. Visualizer viewports provide a much higher degree of visual fidelity over raster graphics including accurate global illumination, reflections, refractions and shadows. Higher fidelity enables artists to identify and resolve potential problems from the earliest stages of modeling, minimizing the need for time-consuming preview renders and radically streamlining the look development process. Thus artists can render frame sequences with Visualizer with the confidence that what they see in the viewport is what they’ll get in their final frame.
About Caustic Professional
Caustic is part of Imagination Technologies, a global leader in multimedia and communications technologies. Based in San Francisco, Caustic is changing how interactive cinema-quality 3D graphics are produced, used, and enjoyed. Our software and hardware solutions are based on unique and patented PowerVR ray-tracing technologies, which fundamentally change the performance and cost metrics for production-quality ray-traced images and animated content without cutting corners for quality or functionality.
About Imagination Technologies
Imagination Technologies - a global leader in multimedia, processor, communication and cloud technologies - creates and licenses market-leading processor solutions including graphics, video, vision, CPU and embedded processing, multi-standard communications, cross-platform V.VoIP and VoLTE, and cloud connectivity. These silicon and software intellectual property (IP) solutions for systems-on-chip (SoC) are complemented by an extensive portfolio of software, tools and ecosystems. Target markets include mobile phone, connected home consumer, mobile and tablet computing, in-car electronics, networking, telecoms, health, smart energy and connected sensors. Imagination's licensees include many of the world's leading semiconductor manufacturers, network operators and OEM/ODMs. Corporate headquarters are located in the United Kingdom, with sales and R&D offices worldwide. See:
Imagination Technologies’ Press Contacts:
UK: David Harold
+44 (0)1923 260 511 USA: Jen Bernier-Santarini
Liaison PR Press Contact: