FXhome (www.fxhome.com) announced today it is launching its most ambitious upgrade to the industry-popular video editing and VFX software: HitFilm v12.0. With this new version of HitFilm, FXhome is ushering in massive performance and user experience updates that elevate HitFilm as the editing and VFX platform optimized for professional content creators worldwide.
The development team at FXhome has invested significant resources to introduce HitFilm Pro V12.0, rebuilt on a entirely new architecture and featuring a new, snappier user interface, GPU decoding on Intel and NVIDIA hardware for up to 10x performance gains, and a number of new tools and features for professional editors, VFX artists and content creators. The result of this major rebuild is a fresh new editing and VFX platform with the kind of performance benefits that professionals expect in their workflow.
Key features and performance enhancements in HitFilm V12.0 include:
- Separating the new UI from the rendering process results in a significantly smoother, snappier and highly responsive interface;
- GPU decoding on Intel and Nvidia hardware results in workflow performance gains of up to 10X;
- Trimmer prefetcher improves the performance of playback in the trimmer;
- Animation cache for 3D model animation significantly enhances workflow performance;
- Brand new UI design:
- New, updated look and feel
- Removed project screen
- Tabs removed and universal menu added
- Mac native menus added
- Windows native behaviors added
- Colour labels
- Including quick color label selection added to the editor and compositor timelines
- Watermarked export for demo versions (rather than other restrictions)
Pricing and Availability
HitFilm v12.0 is available immediately from the FXhome store (https://fxhome.com/store) and is priced at $299.00 USD.
Minimum systems requirements:
- Apple: macOS 10.13 High Sierra, OS X 10.12 Sierra or OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Windows: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8 (64 bit)
In 2011, Josh Davies set out on a mission to prove that professional grade post-production tools can be made available to everyone. The result was HitFilm, an all-in-one video editing and visual effects software – at a fraction of the cost of other industry standard tools.
- Seven years and 3.2 million users later, HitFilm is one of the leading post-production software tools in the industry, offering software options for emerging and pro editors alike.
- What started as a big idea on a little budget, has grown to a global movement of filmmakers who share HitFilm’s vision for the future of video software. Together, we have not only built one of the best VFX and editing tools in the industry – but a community of artists who inspire and learn from each other.
- For more information, please visit www.fxhome.com.