RenderMon Unshackles Digital Media Artists from the Studio; Users can now Remotely Manage their Video Renders and Securely Share with Others
Wilmington, NC (August 23, 2011)
– Digieffects® (www.digieffects.com) announced today it has entered the professional remote management marketplace with the launch of RenderMon. RenderMon is an innovative new web-based application that enables digital media artists to remotely monitor and manage the video rendering process, as well as share the rendered video from any internet-connected browser or web-enabled device. This new development complements the Company’s strategy of designing visually stunning, accessible VFX solutions, and extends them into a new category of post production workflow enhancement and productivity tools.
Digieffects also announced today that RenderMon will be available at no charge for one month from its launch date; from August 22 through October 1, 2011. Beginning today, customers can visit http://rendermon.digieffects.com to sign up for a free trial account, and will have access to all available RenderMon features.
“Digieffects is laser focused on developing solutions that make our customers’ lives easier; and we do that by creating solutions that make their work shine, and in an affordable way. RenderMon is an extension of that mission,” said Robert Sharp, president of Digieffects. “With RenderMon, gone are the days of hitting the render button and staying put, hoping your render doesn’t fail. With this new web service, we are enabling our customers to step away and remotely manage and share their video. This is the kind of workflow and productivity enhancement our customers can expect from Digieffects.”
Mark Christiansen, author of The After Effects Studio Techniques books, and industry veteran who has worked on several feature films including Avatar, comments: “I’m a man about town. I don’t like to be shackled to my workstation just to babysit the output of my creative work. RenderMon is a natural addition to the process of creating and rendering animations, allowing me to monitor progress anywhere, lowering stress, raising productivity and offering me room to roam.”
RenderMon: How it Works
RenderMon is an innovative new web-based subscription service specifically designed for professional digital media artists enabling them to:
– Remotely monitor video rendering via any internet-connected browser (desktop or mobile device). An integrated progress bar helps users monitor their render in real-time;
– Receive email notifications of completed renders;
– Securely upload, view and share completed renders from a browser using built in Vimeo support;
– Host application support at this time includes Adobe After Effects (support for additional hosts to follow).
Pricing and Availability
Digieffects’ RenderMon subscription service is available immediately and is priced at $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year. The annual subscription includes a $49 coupon for a free Digieffects a la carte plug-in. As a special introductory promotion, Digieffects is offering RenderMon free of charge from August 22 through October 1, 2011. Customers taking advantage of this special offer after September 24, 2011, will automatically be signed up for a free 7-day trial. Following the promotion, free trials will be available, in which customers can try the service for free for 7 days. RenderMon will also be available as a mobile app and will be available free from the Apple App Store. Details will be announced at a later date. For more information on Digieffects, please visit www.digieffects.com.
Founded in 1996, Digieffects is a developer of visual effects software. Our software functions as “plug-ins” and work in conjunction with Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and Grass Valley Edius. We have customers all around the world including many of the best known brands in the media and entertainment industry. We service a variety of other markets including corporations, government agencies, universities, non-profit institutions, independent freelancers and hobbyists. Digieffects has also licensed its plugins to Adobe and Roxio for inclusion in their video software applications.