Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC, TRON Experts, John Underkoffler, Studio Leaders and Industry Bring Inspire and Inform Attendees
wrapped two days of concurrently running conferences and expositions last week as the company’s Entertainment Technology Exposition and the
closed to strong reviews and increased attendance. The
is the entertainment and media industry’s showcase for previewing and learning about the latest trends and groundbreaking technologies; the Digital Asset Management Conference is the premier event focused on the management of digital assets in media and entertainment, media, advertising, and, publishing. This was the third outing for the Digital Asset Management Conference, and is the 11th year of the Entertainment Technology Expo (formerly known as HD EXPO).
The events were kicked off by The Digital Asset Management Conference on March 2nd with a Keynote presented by visionary technologist John Underkoffler, co-founder and Chief Scientist of
. His presentation focused on a radical evolution in the next generation of production tools that are centered on workflow and asset management. The Digital Asset Management Conference continued on Thursday, with an opening Keynote panel featuring Andrea Kalas, (Paramount Pictures), Steve Kochak, (Deluxe Media Services), Michael Friend, (Sony Pictures Entertainment), in a discussion entitled Mission Critical, moderated by Rob Hummel, Group 47, LLC. The group tackled the important topic of how to manage digital possessions as legacy systems become obsolete. Both March 2nd and 3rd continued with two tracks of education for Digital Asset Management practitioners and experts.
On March 3rd Createasphere’s Entertainment Technology Expo opened with a Legendary Conversation with
, ASC, BSC, moderated by Jon Witmer of
. Deakins spoke to a standing room only crowd of rapt attendees about the path of his career, sharing his experience and insights about photography, lighting, and his path making movies and documentaries. The day continued with a series of educational intensives and seminars, from
, and closed with The Game Is On…
, a panel discussion that took attendees behind the scenes with co-Producer
, ACE, DI Colorist Dave Cole, Randy Blim, Sr. VP/CTO at
, 3D pioneer
), moderated by Dan Restuccio, West Coast Editor for Post Magazine.
Coming on the radar for Createasphere in 2011 is a slate of events that include global outings, a growing online community, the
, Best of TV Webcasts, a host of educational offerings and two days of Digital Asset Management Conference and Entertainment Technology Expos in Los Angeles and New York.
* Connect in NYC: On March 24th at the Kodak Screening Room, cinematographer Frankie DeMarco, connects and interacts with the audience. DeMarco has a long career shooting highly regarded Indies, including the highly lauded “Rabbit Hole.”
* Best of TV Webcasts: The second series of Webcasts unfold in April and take “attendees” behind the scenes of the most popular television programs. Past shows have included Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Glee, and Sons of Anarchy.
* New York Createasphere Entertainment Technology Expo: September 20th & 21st, 2011. Panels featuring a Legendary Cinematographer, Making A Hit Series, How Did They Get That Shot!, and more.
* The Post Production Master Class in New York, September 22nd & 23rd, and Los Angeles, November 4th & 5th.
* The 4th Digital Asset Management Conference in New York: September 22 & 23, 2011.
* The 2nd Annual DAMMY Awards. Call for entries will be announced shortly.
* On the global front, Createasphere will take a growing position and programming responsibility for Cinema India, held in Mumbai in June 2011.
* The education division of Createasphere is slated to present 3D education, post production education, and expanded camera-centric workshops and classes in the coming months. A number of exciting online ventures will be announced shortly.
Kristin Petrovich Kennedy, President of Createasphere, commented, “We are honored to work in an amazing industry, with brilliant and forward thinking people. At the end of the Universal City event, it is gratifying to see how much our community plugs into the events and we will keep our eye on delivering the finest events we can, for attendees, exhibitors, sponsors and speakers.”
For further information about Createasphere, its Entertainment Technology Expos, Digital Asset Management Conferences, Cinema India, Post Production Master Class, The DAMMY Awards, or more, visit
, or call 818.842.6611.
Createasphere is a global community builder for the entertainment technology industry, building and connecting communities and advancing technology and careers through expos, conferences, education and online offerings.
Createasphere was founded in 2001 as HD EXPO, and over the past decade has grown into a global company that develops and presents influential events for the content creation community, on line and face to face. Founded by Kristin Petrovich Kennedy in Los Angeles, Createasphere became part of Diversified Business Communications in 2009, now driving their entertainment strategies and properties division. Currently Createasphere is presenting the Createasphere Entertainment Technology Expos in New York and LA, The Digital Asset Management Conference, in New York and Los Angeles, The DAMMY Awards in New York, Cinema India in Mumbai, and workshops focused on 3D, HDSLR, and Post Production Master Classes in the US and abroad.
Createasphere is headquartered in Burbank, California (
# # #
ignite strategic communications