Two-Day Expo Features Interactive Panels, Educational Sessions and Hands-On Access
- a global community builder for the entertainment technology industry - unfolds its flagship Entertainment Technology Expo next week on November 2 and 3 at the Burbank Marriott, with two full days of exhibition, seminars, education, and networking. The robust program offerings include a number of not-to-be missed events and opportunities to gain insight into the latest developments happening at the intersection of creativity and technology. Kristin Petrovich Kennedy, President of Createasphere, has identified 10 opportunities that should not be missed at the event. "It wasn't easy to identify just 10 topics, or these six technologies in the Tech Spotlight. Quite simply, there are more than two days worth of things to see, people to meet, and inspiration to be had. Our exhibitors, sponsors and speakers are working on the most creative projects of our time, and I believe that an attendee who spends time at the Expo will find a rich environment for connection and illumination." The Top 10 Expo highlights include:
1. Tech Spotlight
Six companies with unique offerings and top tier technology at the event include: * 5th Kind: They will highlight their collaborative production workflow for creative industries and announcing the addition of iPad, iPhones, media tablets and smart phones as creative review tools to their desktop, web-based interface. * Ciphertex: A manufacturer of portable, hardware-encrypted external disk drives and RAID arrays, will debut a new line of storage products designed to help studios and the media and entertainment industry in general securely manage their content at all levels, from the set, to post to distribution. * Meduza: They will present THE MEDUZA TITAN, A Lightweight, HD Fully Versatile Single Camera Dual Sensor Solution for TV, presented by 3D Technology Developer, MEDUZA SYSTEMS. * OpenText: An enterprise software company and leader in content management, helps organizations manage and unlock the true value of their digital media. Working with Studios and entertainment businesses, we help to corral your digital assets so you can find the perfect image when you need it. * Rorke Data: They will feature their Galaxy Aurora RAID/SAN Appliance, HyperFS SAN file system and fresh off an IBC Innovation award, and present Strawberry software for project sharing and management. * Sony - F65 CineAlta: Set to usher in a new era of digital cinematography - the F65 derives true 4K resolution - and beyond - at the point of image capture. Its unique 8K image sensor -- approximately 20 total megapixels - delivers higher image fidelity than any other digital cinema production camera.
2. Salvatore Totino, ASC, AIC
The cinematographer - who shot a number of entertaining films, from the upcoming Welcome to People to Any Given Sunday - will share his insights from an inspiring storyteller's career with American Cinematographer's Associate Editor Jon Witmer. Totino's career began in music videos and commercials. His multiple collaborations with director Ron Howard range from The Missing, to the multi-Oscar nominated Frost/Nixon and Cinderella Man, to the compelling adaptations of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons.
3. Gear Alley
Hands-on opportunities to see, touch, and learn about the latest and greatest tools and technologies for production including; 4K Ninjas, Filmtools, Airstar, and more!
4. How Did You Get That Shot?!@?!
The popular SOC Panel returns to Createasphere, moderated by Sons of Anarchy operator David Frederick, SOC, who will lead an eye-popping screening of shots that defy reason. Join Stephen Campanelli, SOC (Red Riding Hood), Steven Fracol, SOC (Green Lantern), Douglas Knapp, SOC (Escape from New York), Dan Kneece, SOC (Numb3rs), Larry McConkey, SOC (Hugo), and Ron Vidor, SOC (ER), and find out how these brave and determined operators got the shot.
5. But Really, How'd You Get that Shot???
Join SOC operators and other experts in an up-close look at the tools in Gear Alley that they have used or want to use, including the latest cameras, lights, rigs and other equipment.
6. Intense Intensives
that offer invaluable information and access to experts: * Adobe: Making the Switch to Adobe Premiere Pro / Abba Shapiro * Sony: Sony's World of Super35 * AJA: AJA and File-Based Workflows / Tony Cacciarelli * Canon: See What All the Talk Is About
par excellence - at the Wednesday evening hosted cocktail receptions, Q&A's and hands-on demos.
8. Exhibition floor
with hundreds of technologies being shown: (
9. Meet Industry Bloggers
from the ProVideo Coalition : Art Adams, SOC?Terence Curren, Alpha Dogs?Kendal Miller, Fresh DV?David Torno, Ghost Town Media?Adam Wilt, Meets the Eye
10. Raffles Galore
- full CS 5.5 Production Premium from Adobe Creative Suite, an iPad 2, a Cam Caddie iPad holder from Schneider Optics, a G-RAID 4TB hard drive from G-Technology, and an I/O Express from AJA. For more information, full schedule and to register, please visit
or call 818.842/6611.
Createasphere is a global community builder for the entertainment technology industry, advancing technologies and careers through Expos, Conferences, and online offerings. Createasphere was founded in 2001 as HD EXPO, and over the past decade has grown into a global company that develops and presents influential events for the content creation community, on line and face to face. Founded by Kristin Petrovich Kennedy in Los Angeles, Createasphere became part of Diversified Business Communications in 2009, now driving their entertainment strategies and properties division. Currently Createasphere is presenting the Entertainment Technology Expos in New York and LA; the Digital Asset Management Conference in New York, Los Angeles, and Europe; The DAMMY Awards in New York; Cinema India Expo in Mumbai; the online news and content portal CreativeProCoalition.com; 3D Road Shows; and Post Production Master Classes. # # # FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Media Contact: Chris Purse,818.303.8088 ignite strategic communications