Portland, Ore. -- Sept. 8, 2006 -- Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH, Oregon and Southwest Washington‘s local SIGGRAPH chapter, today announced that it will host a special uncut screening of the 2006 Electronic Theatre, a film and video extravaganza featuring incredible technical imagery on Thursday, September 21, 2006, at 6:30 p.m. at the PCC Cascade Campus Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building Auditorium, Portland, Ore. Shown each year during SIGGRAPH, an international conference of computer graphics and interactive techniques, the Electronic Theater is a highly-acclaimed showcase of the best computer graphics and special effects shorts from around the world that offers insight on future trends in films and commercials.
The 2006 Electronic Theater contains a collection of 37 shorts selected from over 600 submissions by a distinguished jury of computer graphics experts for their extremely high standards of creativity and technical excellence. The works selected for this year‘s Computer Animation Festival take us on a remarkable journey that combines the talent and brilliance of the current and future trends in art and science with the very best imagery depicting comedy, drama, romance, action, adventure, fantasy, science fiction and science fact.
The 2006 Electronic Theater will show the following productions:
1. 458nm - Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg (Germany)
2. A Great Big Robot From Outer Space Ate My Homework - Vancouver Film School (Canada)
3. Brush - Boumermouth University (United Kingdom)
4. Bubble Girl - PSYOP, Inc. (USA)
5. The Building - Gobelins L'Ecole de L'Image (France)
6. Carlitopolis - ENSAD (France)
7. Dairy Crest “Cityside” - Framestore CFC (United Kingdom)
8. Discord: metal and meat - North Michigan University (USA)
9. Doll Face - (USA)
10. “Everyone‘s Hero” - IDT Entertainment (USA)
11. Flow - Scanline Production (Germany)
12. Foster‘s Australia “Big Ad” - Animal Logic (Australia)
13. Growth by Aggregation 2 (the Utah variation) - (USA)
14. Guinness “noitulovE” - Framestore CFC (United Kingdom)
15. ILM 2006 - Industrial Light & Magic (USA)
16. The Inner Life of the Cell (excerpt) - XVIVO LLC (USA)
17. Insanely Twisted Shadow Puppets - 12 Interstitials - Gagné International Inc. LLC, Viacom Inc. (USA)
18. Into Pieces - (Brazil)
19. King Kong - Weta Digital Ltd (New Zealand)
20. King Kong: “In a New York Minute” - Weta Digital Ltd (New Zealand)
21. Monster Farm 5 Circus Caravan - Digital Media Lab. Inc. (Japan)
22. Monster House: There Goes the Neighborhood - Sony Pictures Imageworks (USA)
23. Monster Samurai - Sprite Animation Studios (USA)
24. My Date From Hell - Institute of Animation, Filmakademie Baden- Württemberg (Germany)
25. Noggin - Brigham Young University (USA)
26. One Man Band - Pixar Animation Studios (USA)
27. One Rat Short (Best of Show) - Charlex, Inc. (USA)
28. “Open Season”: Separating the Trees From the Forest - Sony Picture Imageworks (USA)
29. Racing Beats - Institute of Animation, Filmakademie Baden- Württemberg (Germany)
30. Rexona “Go Wild” - Framestore CFC (United Kingdom)
31. Robin Hood Flour - Giving - Red Rover Studios (Canada)
32. Toohey‘s “War of the Appliances” - Animal Logic (Australia)
33. Toyota “Meteor” - Method (USA)
34. Tread Softly - Camegie Mellon University (USA)
35. Vodafone “Mayfly” - Passion Pictures (United Kingdom)
36. Warhammer: Mark of Chaos Intro Cinematic - Digic Pictures (Hungary)
37. Wojna - Institute of Animation, Filmakademie Baden- Württemberg (Germany)
Location and Registration
The SIGGRAPH 2006 Electronic Theater screening will take place on Thursday, September 21, 2006 at the PCC Cascade Campus, in the Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building Auditorium (room 104), located at 705 N. Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR 97217. Directions and a map can be found on the web at
. An informal meeting and registration in the lobby will begin at 6:00 p.m. and the screening will start at 6:30 p.m.
Attendees are requested to RSVP via email to
for planning purposes. Free parking passes will be emailed to respondents that RSVP and request a parking pass by midnight, September 19, 2006.
This and other Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH meetings are free to Cascade SIGGRAPH chapter members. Nonmembers will need to pay a $5 admissions fee at the door. Annual local memberships can be purchased at the door for $25 ($18 for students), with cash or check. Sorry, no credit cards accepted. For more information on Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH and membership registration, visit the Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH website at cascade.siggraph.org.
Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH
The Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH chapter exists to serve the needs of the Oregon and Southwest Washington computer graphics industry and students. Through meetings, workshops, conferences, and other activities, the Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH chapter works to promote an increased knowledge of and greater interest in the educational, artistic, and scientific aspects and applications of modern technology to graphics, enhancing communication between persons in Oregon and Southwest Washington that have an interest in any aspect of computer graphics.