Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A — June 6, 2019 — The post-production industry’s most popular planar tracking plug-in, Boris FX Mocha Pro, is now available as an OFX plug-in for Autodesk Flame 2020. The Mocha Pro 2019.5 release introduces a powerful new streamlined workflow to the high-end Flame artist community who have previously relied on Mocha’s standalone application for advanced tracking, rotoscoping, and object removal.
In addition, the Mocha Pro 2019.5 release gives users access to new features, export options, and improvements across all supported plug-in host applications (Adobe, Avid, OFX). Highlights include a new edge-snapping spline tool for faster rotoscoping and masking with fewer keyframes, new AE Power Pin exporter, custom workspace controls, and overall render speed optimizations. Owners of Mocha Pro 2019 (current annual subscription and upgrade & support plans) will receive the new 2019.5 release as a complimentary upgrade.
“Following last fall’s Mocha Pro 2019 release, we’re excited to announce long-requested Flame support and deliver multiple new features — free of charge to Mocha Pro owners,” says Ross Shain, Boris FX Chief Product Officer. “Our commitment to customers on annual subscriptions and support contracts allows us to ship this strong point-release that speeds up visual effects and post tasks even more.”
“Mocha’s superior masking and roto tools are also integrated into Boris FX flagship products Sapphire and Continuum plug-ins. Our new spline edge-snapping is a great example of a time-saving feature that will be added across the board to all our 2019.5 releases for improved masking workflows.” Shain continues, “Additionally, this release addresses sought-after features from our passionate user base. The ability to launch Mocha directly as a Flame plug-in, the new AE Power Pin export, and the ability to customize and save layouts are all requests that come directly from Mocha users.”
Plug-in support is already garnering excitement in the Flame community. “It’s fantastic that OFX plug-ins are now supported in Flame 2020 giving Flame artists even more choices for high-level effects and finishing,” says Andy Milkis, Director of Visual Effects at New York City’s LVLY. “There are no better 3rd party tools to complement my Flame work than Mocha Pro and Sapphire from Boris FX. It’s a 1-2 punch!”
New in Mocha Pro 2019.5
- Autodesk Flame 2020 Support: Mocha Pro is now available as an OFX plug-in for Flame 2020 artists. Mocha Pro can now be launched from within the Flame interface for a streamlined workflow.
- Edge-Snapping On Splines: Speed up roto and masking tasks with spline edge-snapping. A complement to Mocha’s magnetic spline tool, spline edges can snap and animate over time to reduce manual keyframes.
- Layout Manager: Save, modify, and order custom layouts. New layouts will appear in the workspace dropdown and assigned keyboard shortcuts.
- New After Effects Power Pin Format: For screen inserts, AE users can now export Mocha’s planar tracking in the CC Power Pin format for high quality rendering with motion blur.
- Spline and Matte Rendering Performance Improvements: Projects with many layers or control points now render faster to screen. Mattes also render faster.
- Autosave Backups: Autosaves now include iterated history to ensure minimal work is lost. Autosaves are no longer removed on exit from the host. Users can define the location and the number of backups in preferences.
Pricing & Availability
Mocha Pro 2019.5 is available as both a standalone application and as a plug-in for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, and OFX hosts, including Autodesk Flame, Blackmagic Fusion, The Foundry Nuke, VEGAS Pro, HitFilm, and more.
- Multi-host option (includes all supported host plug-ins: Adobe, Avid, OFX)
- Single license: $995
- Upgrades start at 3295
- Annual subscription: $395
- Individual host option (choose one supported host plug-in: Adobe, Avid, OFX)
- Single license: $695
- Upgrades start at $295
- Annual subscription: $295
- Multi-host option + Standalone application
- Single license: $1495
- Upgrades start at $595
- Annual subscription: $595
To learn more, visit the Mocha Pro product page.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Avid, Blackmagic Design, Autodesk, FilmLight, Grass Valley, Magix, SGO, and other leading developers of video editing software. In 2014, Boris FX acquired Imagineer Systems, the Academy Award-winning developer of Mocha planar tracking software. In 2016, Boris FX acquired GenArts, the developer of Sapphire, the gold standard plug-in package for high-end visual effects.
Jessie Electa Petrov
Director of Marketing, Boris FX