Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, has announced Boris Continuum Complete 8 AE (BCC 8 AE). BCC 8 AE delivers 200+ comprehensive VFX filters to Macintosh and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS5.5, CS5, CS4, and CS3. New flicker reduction and videoscope tools, OpenGL-accelerated 32-bit float support, and enhanced lens flares, particles, glows, lights, and After Effects integration headline this new release.
“The new BCC 3D Lens Flare filter is hands-down the best lens flare on the market,” commented Steve Oakley, Practical Illusions and Media Productions. “Orienting the flare layer to the camera is a snap and the new caustic features allow you to create unique organic looks.”
BCC gives editors and compositors the most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite ever created. A whopping 200+ filters include 3D Objects such as Extruded Text, 3D particle effects, image restoration tools, lens flares and lights, keys and mattes, 3 Way Color Grading and other color correction tools, time-based effects such as Optical Stabilizer, warp and perspective effects, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. All filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration for an interactive effects design experience. Over 1,000 professionally-designed presets are included free with every installation of BCC. Customers can save and freely share their own presets and build customized preset collections tuned to the specific needs of a project – without the need for a costly subscription service. Both static and animated BCC presets are supported on the After Effects platform. Presets can be shared with matching BCC installations on any host application in which BCC is installed.
In addition, via the Boris Transfer workflow utilities, BCC is the only plug-in collection that allows easy VFX migration between Adobe, Avid, and Apple video editing software – with parameters and keyframed information intact. Boris Transfer AE transfers Avid or Final Cut Pro sequences to After Effects while Boris Transfer FCP transfers sequences between Avid and Final Cut Pro.
“For the BCC 8 release, our development team was tasked with creating the best 3D particles, lens flares, glows, and lights in the industry, and they rose to the challenge,” commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “BCC 8 also continues our commitment to providing robust color correction and image restoration features, adding videoscope and flicker reduction filters on top of tools for 3-way color grading, secondary color correction, noise reduction, ‘electronic makeup”, and fixing bad pixels or low-quality footage.”
Boris Continuum Complete 8 AE New Feature Highlights
• BCC Videoscope checks color levels at any stage of an After Effects composition, ensuring broadcast-legal colors of the final output or any individual element in the project.
• BCC Film Glow creates the soft feel of exposed film.
• BCC Flicker Fixer repairs video affected by flickering light or uneven shutter exposure.
• BCC Stage Light simulates production lights, projectors, or stage lighting. This powerful volumetric lighting tool adds striking realism to 3D composites.
• BCC Lens Flare 3D leverages GPU acceleration and AE”s camera and lighting system to create cinematic looks, stylish broadcast design elements and beautiful transitions.
• BCC Particle Emitter gives 3D broadcast designers the ultimate particle machine, providing an incredibly powerful, flexible, and OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
• BCC Organic Strands emulates flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, or hundreds of other creative options to enhance broadcast graphics.
• BCC Wild Cards provides an easy-to-use particle-based filter for building complex designs of 2D images in 3D space.
• Enhanced After Effects Integration includes full integration with AE”s 3D camera and lighting system, support for vector masks directly from AE layers, and the ability to take advantage of audio directly from AE audio tracks.
• 32-Bit Float Support is included as part of BCC”s GPU implementation and it is equally supported with ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards – with no loss of performance.
Pricing and Availability
BCC 8 AE will be available in October 2011 for an MSRP of $995. Owners of previous versions of BCC AE may upgrade for an MSRP of $295. Customers who purchase BCC 7 AE as of September 8, 2011 will be eligible to receive a free upgrade to BCC 8 AE. For a limited time, owners of GenArts Sapphire for Adobe After Effects will be eligible to crossgrade to BCC 8 AE for $295 (limited to two crossgrade licenses per customer). BCC 8 AVX for Avid, BCC 8 OFX for Sony Vegas Pro, and BCC 8 FxPlug for Apple Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Pro X, and Motion are scheduled for release later in 2011. Customers who purchase BCC 7 AVX, BCC 7 OFX, or BCC 7 FxPlug as of September 8, 2011 will receive a free upgrade to Version 8.