Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 8 for Sony Vegas™ Pro (BCC 8 for Vegas Pro) is now available. Based on the Open Effects Association (OFX) platform, BCC 8 for Vegas Pro delivers over 175 comprehensive VFX and compositing filters to 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Sony Vegas Pro v11 and v10. Audio-driven effects creation, 3D particle effects, and enhanced lens flares and glows headline this new release.
“With Boris Continuum Complete 8, Boris FX continues its long history of delivering innovative, professional VFX and compositing tools to Sony Vegas Pro editors,” comments Michael Bryant, Director of Product Marketing, Sony Creative Software. “With thousands of customizable presets, Vegas Pro editors can get started immediately, but BCC also provides a deep, professional toolset that opens up virtually limitless effects creation possibilities.”
BCC gives Vegas Pro editors the most comprehensive VFX and compositing plug-in suite ever created. The collection includes 3D Objects such as Extruded Text, 3D particle effects, image restoration tools, lens flares and other dazzling light effects, keying and motion tracking tools, realistic in-camera effects, a full suite of color correction tools, warp and perspective effects, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. All BCC filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL acceleration for an interactive effects design experience.
Over 1,000 professionally-designed presets are included free with every installation of BCC for Vegas Pro. Customers can save and freely share their own presets and build customized preset collections tuned to the specific needs of a project – without the need for a costly subscription service.
Boris Continuum Complete 8 for Vegas Pro New Feature Highlights
• Beat Reactor Technology is built into many BCC for Vegas Pro filters, making it easy to generate audio-driven effects such as a pulsing light, a glow, or even an image wipe that follows along with the beat of an audio track.
• BCC Film Glow creates the soft feel of exposed film.
• BCC Flicker Fixer repairs video affected by flickering light or uneven shutter exposure.
• BCC Lens Flare 3D creates cinematic looks and stylish broadcast design elements.
• BCC Particle Emitter 3D provides a powerful, OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
• BCC Organic Strands emulates flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, and more.
• BCC Pin Art 3D creates a “pin board” look based on a layer image.
• 32-Bit Float Precision Color Rendering is now supported, offering even smoother blurs, glows, and other effects while providing the highest quality final image.
Other Boris Continuum Complete filters that are new to BCC 8 for Vegas Pro include 3D Extruded Image Shatter, Brick, Burnt Film, Cloth, Fire and Smoke, Fractal Noise, Glow Matte, Granite, Mixed Colors, Noise Map 2, Particle Array 3D, Premult, Reptilian, Rock, Stage Light, Star Matte, Stars, Steel Plate, Tile Mosaic, Veined Marble, Videoscope, Weave, Wild Cards, Wood Grain, and Wooden Planks.
Pricing and Availability
BCC 8 for Vegas Pro is immediately available for an introductory MSRP of $595 USD. The regular MSRP will be $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC for Vegas Pro may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD. A free 14-day trial version is available from the Boris FX website at www.borisfx.com.