15 New Filters, New 3D Objects, Exchange Keyframe Animation with Adobe After Effects.
Marlborough, MA – Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced that Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX (BCC 6 AVX) for Avid editing and finishing systems is now available. BCC 6 AVX is based on Avid’s AVX 2 plug-in architecture with support for Avid Media Composer, Avid NewsCutter and Avid Symphony. A special AVX 1 version of BCC 6 AVX for Avid DS will be released in the near future.
BCC 6 AVX adds nearly 200 plug-in filters to Avid editing and finishing systems. The new release features 15 new effects including Extruded Text, Extruded EPS, Layer Deformer, Cartoon Look, Lightning, and Swish Pan. In addition, BCC 6 AVX delivers unique workflow enhancements such as the ability to animate BCC filters in Adobe After Effects and transfer the animation to the Avid timeline – while preserving After Effects keyframes.
“BCC 6 AVX shows our strong commitment to Avid plug-in development. We are thrilled to bring OpenGL-accelerated 3D filters to Avid editors via Avid’s AVX real-time plug-in architecture,” commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “With BCC 6 AVX, Avid editors can edit extruded text, warp 2D layers in 3D space, and import and extrude EPS files within Avid’s native editing interface – without needing to render in another application. In addition, for the first time, Avid editors can animate BCC filters in Adobe After Effects and transfer the animation to the Avid timeline while preserving After Effects keyframes.”
New BCC 6 AVX Feature Highlights
• 15 New Filters range from realistic 3D vector graphics extrusions to painting and image restoration. The new 3D Objects category includes Extruded Text, Extruded EPS, Extruded Spline, Type-On Text, and Layer Deformer. New image restoration filters include DV Fixer, Smooth Tone, and Pixel Fixer. New image painting filters consist of Charcoal Sketch, Pencil Sketch, Water Color, and Cartoon Look. New OpenGL filters include Lightning and Tile Mosaic. A new Swish Pan transition filter is also included.
BCC Extruded Text – OpenGL-accelerated 3D text generator with built-in 3D shatters and a warp deformer. Multiple 3D materials can be created from external image files featuring texture and bump maps as well as reflections. Each material can be individually saved as a preset and applied to the front, back, bevel, or extrusion surface of the text object. The text object can be further deformed and animated with a number of innovative deformers such as Bend, Taper, Twist, Shatter, Ripple, Pulse, or Curl.
BCC Extruded EPS – provides an easy way to import and extrude Adobe Illustrator layered vector logos and graphics in Avid editing and finishing systems.
BCC Type-On Text – 3D extruded text can be animated in true 3D space in a type-on or type-off fashion with each letter precisely interacting with the rest of the text in 3D. All 3D properties of the BCC Extruded Text filter are available in the Type-On effect.
BCC Extruded Spline – based on built-in primitives such as a medallion or heart. Create 3D extruded objects fully-modeled with bevels and spline-based extrusion profiles.
BCC Layer Deformer – warp any 2D layer in 3D space with built-in 3D shatters and bend deformers. Create 3D shapes such as fully or partially wrapped spheres and cylinders with multiple layers mapped onto the surfaces.
BCC Pixel Fixer – remove bad pixels resulting from a faulty digital camera sensor or dust on a camera lens. Up to 10 bad spots can be repaired with a single filter application – without any degradation of image quality or sharpness.
BCC DV Fixer – soften or remove diagonal stair-step lines (aka jaggies) from a clip captured with a lower-quality camera. Repair compression artifacts without degrading image sharpness or quality.
BCC Smooth Tone – smoothes or softens an image while preserving detail contrast, making skin tones silky-smooth without loss of sharpness in the image. A great tool for working with “talking heads” and on-camera interview footage.
BCC Swish Pan – simulates panning a camera very quickly in a 180 degree arc, creating the look of a fast blur between outgoing and incoming clips.
BCC Charcoal Sketch – simulates the painterly look of an image that was created using charcoals.
BCC Pencil Sketch – simulates the look of a hand-drawn pencil-sketched image.
BCC Water Color – simulates the wash look of a watercolor painting. BCC Cartoon Look – simulates a rotoscope toon-animation look.
BCC Tile Mosaic – simulates the look of hand-cut opaque tiles. BCC Lightning – generates simulated lightning bolts and plasma arcs.
• Significant Performance Gains. Every filter is either OpenGL-based or multiprocessor-accelerated for ultimate rendering speed on modern computing and graphics platforms.
• Custom Animated Presets. This unique feature lets users save and re-use every parameter animation in every BCC filter – even across host applications and platforms. For the first time, users may animate BCC filters in Adobe After Effects and transfer the animation to the Avid timeline while preserving After Effects keyframes. BCC 6 AVX includes hundreds of factory-installed animated presets. Animated presets are now saved in industry-standard XML format and can be edited by any XML-compliant text editor.
• Single-Click Custom Preset Navigation Tool lets users easily browse presets without opening a pop-up window. Presets are immediately applied and the host preview window is automatically updated to reflect the selected preset.
• Built-In Motion Tracker Enhancements are found in almost every filter. Users may now save motion tracker data from one filter and load the saved data in another filter.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX supports Avid Media Composer, Avid NewsCutter, and Avid Symphony and is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct through the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $1,995 USD. Owners of previous versions of Boris Continuum Complete AVX may upgrade for an MSRP or $599 USD. A 14-day trial version is available for free download from www.borisfx.com.