Conform Avid Media Composer Sequences with BCC Effects in Avid DS.
Boris FX, a leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX for Avid DS (BCC 6 AVX for DS) is now available for Avid’s AVX 2.0 plug-in architecture. BCC 6 AVX for DS brings nearly 200 filters to Avid DS Version 10.2.1 and higher. BCC AVX is bundled with all Avid Media Composer and Symphony systems. With a BCC AVX for DS license, Avid facilities are now able to conform sequences with AVX 2.0-based BCC effects for finishing in Avid DS.
In addition to AVX 2.0 support, BCC 6 AVX for DS introduces all-new Lens Blur, Lens Transition, and Lens Shape filters that emulate lens blur or rack defocus effects as well as a suite of time-based effects such as Optical Flow, Optical Stabilizer, and Motion Key.
“Five years ago, Avid selected Boris Continuum Complete AVX as the bundled effects package for Avid Media Composer and Symphony systems – based on the versatility and image quality of the filters. Thousands of Avid editors rely on BCC AVX every day,” commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “With the release of the AVX 2.0 version of BCC 6 AVX for DS, offline and online sequences with AVX 2.0-based BCC effects can now be conformed in Avid DS, extending Avid’s Total Conform capabilities. BCC 6 AVX for Avid DS also introduces highly sought after Lens Blur, Lens Shape, and time-based effects.”
New Feature Highlights:
• Conform Offline and Online BCC Effects. BCC AVX is bundled with all Avid Media Composer and Symphony systems. With a BCC 6 AVX for DS license, Avid facilities are now able to conform sequences with AVX 2.0-based BCC effects for finishing in Avid DS.
• Lens Blur Filter. BCC Lens Blur emulates a lens blur or rack defocus effect where out-of-focus highlights of an image clip take on the shape of the lens.
• Lens Shape Filter. Like BCC Lens Blur, BCC Lens Shape emulates a lens blur or rack defocus effect where out of focus highlights of an image clip take on the shape of the lens. However, the Lens Shape filter uses an image input for the highlight shape.
• Lens Transition Filter. The BCC Lens Transition wipe filter applies a lens blur or rack defocus effect to the specular highlights of outgoing and incoming image clips.
• Motion Key Filter. BCC Motion Key is a “magical” effect that removes moving cars or other objects from a scene by automatically painting them out with Optical Flow technology.
• Optical Stabilizer Filter. Remove camera shake from a hand-held shot, lock a shot as if it was taken from a tripod, or smooth the motion of a panning or rolling shot. Image resizing and cropping is automatically calculated and rendered with high-quality up-scale methods.
• Optical Flow Filter. BCC Optical Flow facilitates high-quality speed-up or slow-down of footage in forward or reverse direction, accurately constructing synthetic frames of video that would correspond to an over-cranked film camera shot. Missing frames of video are reconstructed based on “motion vector” fields.
• DeInterlace Filter. BCC DeInterlace is a high-quality de-interlacing filter that blends high-motion parts of an image while keeping low-motion areas sharp.
• Motion Blur Filter. Based on Optical Flow motion vectors, BCC Motion Blur creates an in-camera motion blur effect from video shot with normal shutter speed.
• Other New Time-based Effects include Jitter, Jitter Basic, Looper, Posterize Time, Sequencer, Temporal Blur, Time Displacement, Trails, Trails Basic, and Velocity Remap.
• 32-bit Float Image Format. BCC 6 AVX’s OpenGL filters now render images in 32-bit float.
BCC 6 AVX for DS is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX Web site at www.borisfx.com for $2,495. BCC 6 AVX for DS users can download a free upgrade to the new AVX 2.0-based version. Owners of previous versions of BCC AVX for DS can upgrade for an MSRP of $599. The AVX 2.0 version of BCC 6 AVX for DS supports Avid DS Version 10.2.1 and higher under Windows XP Professional v64 Edition. A full-functioning 14-day trial version is available as a free download.