Autodesk’s speaker series is returning to SIGGRAPH this year from August 11-12 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Hosted in room 408A, the sessions, presented by industry thought leaders, will provide an in-depth overview of industry trends and emerging developments driving the future of 3D visual effects and production in film and television. Members of the Autodesk development team will also provide insights and updates on Autodesk software, including upcoming innovative applications of the technology in Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) and virtual production. Sessions range in focus from “Terminator Genisys” and “Jurassic World” VFX breakdowns to cloud computing and more. A few highlight sessions include:
- Tuesday, August 11, 3:45-4:15pm
- Hear about the future of modeling with Andrew Camenisch, an Academy Sci-Tech Award winner for the concept and design of Mudbox digital sculpting software.
Procedural Content Creation
- Tuesday, August 11, 4:30-5:30pm
- Autodesk 3ds Max team members Martin Coven and Christopher Diggins explore the impact of procedural content creation on the media and entertainment industry.
- Wednesday, August 12, 2:30-3:00pm
- Ben Guthrie and David Morin from Autodesk discuss the effects of emerging technologies on the future of virtual production, including AR, VR, reality capture, photogrammetry, laser scanning and game engines.
For a full list of sessions and the latest information about Autodesk at SIGGRAPH 2015 visit http://area.autodesk.com/siggraph2015#schedule.