SAN FRANCISCO, December 1, 2015 -- Today,Autodesk launched Autodesk 3ds Max 2016 Extension 2 for 3D modeling, animation and rendering. Building on strong 3ds Max 2016 and Extension 1 releases unveiled earlier this year, Extension 2 expands the software’s capabilities with new tools and workflow improvements that simplify and accelerate the creation of 3D assets for design visualization and content creation professionals.
New in 3ds Max 2016: Extension 2
- Max Creation Graph Enhancements: Create, manipulate and use shapes and splines with new nodes; import bitmaps and simulation data like CSV or Open VDB files; and more.
- One-Click Print Studio Access: Launch Autodesk Print Studio and export 3ds Max files for 3D printing in one swift click.
- Simple Simulation Data Import: Import and animate accurate simulation data, and visualize how it changes over time with 3ds Max lighting and rendering tools.
- Text and Shape Map: Use objects as a mask to create custom decals, graffiti and other text -based graphics on the fly without leaving 3ds Max.
- Text Tool Improvements: Font names are now displayed in the font type, making it faster to find fonts when using Text Tool to apply textures, animations and effects to text.
- Texture Object Mask: Easily and accurately create, place and animate multiple materials, and use any shape to control the application of materials to an object.
Autodesk is also celebrating the 25th anniversary of 3ds Max. Artists are encouraged to share their 3ds Max memories and celebrate 25 years of great work created with the software: area.autodesk.com/25yearsofmax .
For more details about 3ds Max 2016 Extension 2, visit: http://www.autodesk.com/products/3dsmax
Learn more via:
Autodesk helps people imagine, design and create a better world. Everyone--from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists--uses Autodesk software to unlock their creativity and solve important challenges. For more information visit autodesk.com .
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.