today announced Orion 32, the world’s first 32-channel AD/DA converter and audio master clock in a 1U rack. The new device supports both MADI and USB interfaces, clocked by Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology. Orion 32 allows 192 kHz I/O streaming of 32-channel digital audio through its custom-built USB chip, which provides simple connectivity to any USB-enabled DAW or computer. The converter also provides 32 channels of 96 kHz audio through its Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections, which can be used to connect with any suitably equipped MADI device. Orion 32 also supports ADAT protocol by offering 16 I/O channels, for even greater compatibility with a large number of audio devices. The multi-channel converter inputs and outputs pass the analog signal through 8 D-SUB 25 I/O connectors.
Antelope Clocking for Increased Sonic Accuracy
In addition to being an extremely high quality audio converter, Orion 32 is also an audio master clock. The Orion 32 employs Antelope’s proprietary 4th generation of AFC and oven controlled oscillator, both technologies that made Antelope Audio clocks an industry leader for accuracy and reliability in recording, mastering and post-production facilities around the world. The four word clock outs, together with the 10 MHz input, make Orion 32 ideally suited to be in the center of any project or high-end studio. “The multi-channel Orion 32 is the logical step, following our highly acclaimed stereo AD/DA converter Eclipse 384 we launched last year,” Igor Levin, Antelope Audio CEO says. “We have developed this device in response to customers who have demanded Antelope's signature-quality sound, but in a multi-channel device. Orion 32 is ideally suited to a sound engineer’s needs for high quality, clean and transparent conversion, combining the efficiency of MADI and USB interfaces with the perfection of Antelope clocking.” With its seamless digital routing options, the Orion 32 offers exceptional flexibility. The routing feature allows sound engineers to, for example, use the AD conversion and output the signal simultaneously both through the MADI and USB interfaces. The device is managed through a user friendly desktop application available for both Windows and OS X. Moreover it is equipped with five preset buttons for fast and easy recall of favorite settings. Orion 32 is packaged in a 1U enclosure with an eco-friendly power consumption of only 15 Watts. In addition to saving rack space and having very low heating levels, Orion 32 comes with an extremely reasonable pricing even for small home studio, launching with a street price of only $2,995.
- Antelope Audio precise AD/DA conversion technology
- Up to 192 kHz on 32 channels I/O via custom-built USB chip
- 32 channels I/O via Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections
- Eight D-SUB 25 connectors for AD and DA
- 16 channels on 4 ADAT input and output connectors
- Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking with Atomic input
- Antelope’s proprietary Oven Controlled Oscillator for supreme clocking stability
- Four word clock outputs and one word clock input
- Five presets for fast and easy recall of favorite setups
- 1U rack size with power consumption of 15 Watts and very low heating levels
- A user friendly desktop application available for both Windows and OS X