AlterMedia (www.altermedia.com) will debut key new features for its powerful studio management software, Studio Suite Xi, in its booth #SL10012 during NAB 2015 in Las Vegas next week. The Company is also announcing new integration partnerships with Aspera and FileCatalyst that will significantly enhance the studio management workflow for Studio Suite Xi users.
Aspera is an IBM company that develops patented, efficient bulk data transport technology. With this integration partnership, Studio Suite Xi customers can now send and receive large data and media asset files using their Aspera Connect accounts.
“Aspera’s mission, at its core, is about helping our customers move large data files at unprecedented speeds regardless of file size or network conditions. Partnering with AlterMedia in support of Studio Suite Xi at NAB 2015 demonstrates that mission perfectly,” said John Wastcoat, vice president of business development for Aspera. “By enabling Studio Suite Xi users to leverage Aspera to move their most valuable assets through our systems, we’re helping to add significant value to the post production and studio management environment.”
FileCatalyst is an Emmy Award-winning developer of accelerated file transfer solutions. Integration of FileCatalyst with Studio Suite Xi will enable accelerated, reliable and secure files transfers for media professionals. Now Studio Suite Xi customers can seamlessly send and receive files using their existing FileCatalyst Direct accounts.
AlterMedia CEO Joel Stoner will be speaking about this integration at the FileCatalyst booth (SL8508) on Tuesday April 14 at 12:30pm.
What’s New in Studio Suite Xi at NAB 2015
During NAB 2015, AlterMedia will debut a number of additional new features that significantly enhance the studio management workflow. New features to be showcased at NAB include:
- Charting: From Productions and Projects, you can now view clear, dynamic, up-to-the-minute charts showing Budgets versus Actual, Profit versus Loss, breakdowns of each by Category, and Project statuses;
- Ability to Upload, Monitor and Graph Video Play Counts: Studio Suite Xi can now upload videos to YouTube, FaceBook, Wistia, or self-hosted files and can be automatically monitored, logged, and graphed within Studio Suite in relation to the actual physical or digital media asset it was sourced from, all of which is also connected to the related production information;
- New Task Timers: It’s now possible for a user to start/stop tasks or processes and have Studio Suite Xi summarize multiple starts to a master Event or Task record. Users can have several sub- tasks running concurrently, all tied back to one or more Projects;
- New Call Sheet Option: Studio Suite Xi adds a new call sheet optimized for smaller productions;
- Refreshed Web Glancer: This read-only, web-accessible component of Studio Suite Xi includes new UI improvements;
- QuickLog Feature for Mobile Users: As part of the refreshed WebGlancer of Studio Suite Xi, QuickLog for Mobile devices allows staff and freelancers to log their time into Projects from their mobile devices;
- New Calendar Features:
‘Hold time’ added to the end of an event now appears in Calendar Timeline View;
Calendar events can be filtered to show only certain statuses;
Improved print functionality;
Ability to choose presets in WebDirect and WebGlancer.
- Improved Quickbooks Integration:
Studio Suite Xi’s Projects module can now create Jobs in QuickBooks (to allow the start of the accounting process there) without having to first send an invoice;
Invoices previously sent from Studio Suite Xi to QuickBooks can now be updated from Studio Suite Xi to reflect any added, changed or corrected data, including the new ability to void an invoice;
The ability to easily view / confirm how the data will be exported to QuickBooks prior to export has been added;
“Description Only” line items can now be exported to QuickBooks, for example, the project name now appears as the first line item on an invoice.
Studio Suite Xi: Powerful Features, Elegant Workflow
Released last fall, Studio Suite Xi came out of the gate with many major new features (below), and an elegant new interface. With web and iOS access, Studio Suite Xi extends a studio’s ability to manage critical workflows from the office to the studio, and beyond. Studio Suite Xi presents a consistent user experience, focused on simplicity and clarity, while delivering cutting-edge features and workflow enhancements that eliminate the challenges of managing contacts, resources, schedules, budgets/actuals, and the thousands of other details that become unwieldy in day-to-day studio operations.
AlterMedia offers three versions of Studio Suite Xi: Solo, Pro, and Network, with web and iOS access available on all Network solutions.
Studio Suite Xi has transformed the studio management workflows for post production studios of all sizes, who leverage a breadth of powerful features including:
- Web, iOS, and Desktop Accessibility: Studio Suite Xi is accessible everywhere, creating a seamless experience, transitioning easily between desktop and tablet or smartphone when portability is necessary (web and iOS accessibility is available on Network solutions only).
- New, Fast, Modern Calendar: Completely rebuilt, the Calendar includes Resources, Projects, Tasks, Employee Schedules, and Daily Notes, giving users immediate visibility into their workflows and timelines.
- QuickLog: Allows staffers and freelancers to log their time into Projects from anywhere, on any device, without occupying a seat license.
- Enhanced Media Management: Vastly improved media asset management now includes automatic storage of media assets on a shared server, automatic folder naming, intelligent backups, the ability to link those assets to Contacts and Projects, and the ability to access this data from anywhere.
- Budget Organization: Improvements to AICE and AICP Production Budgeting, Project Groupings, and Reporting.
- Convenient Notifications: Email, SMS, and Twitter alerts help users stay on top of Projects and Tasks, as well as equipment maintenance issues.
- Elegant New UI: A refreshed interface offers a clean, simple and intuitive user experience.
Studio Suite Xi runs on Mac, PC, iOS, and desktop browsers. With the ability to integrate with Final Cut, Avid, Pro Tools, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, MYOB & AccountEdge, Address Book, iCal, and Google Calendar, it syncs and runs cooperatively with many of the other systems you use.
A free 30 day trial of Studio Suite Xi, available at www.studiosuite.com.
Pricing and Availability
Studio Suite Xi is available immediately as a stand-alone perpetual license, with assisted installation, Annual Support, and customization available. Studio Suite Xi is also available as a more affordable annual license, with a lower cost of entry. For more information on pricing and installation, please visit www.studiosuite.com or contact AlterMedia at +1.800.450.5740, or +1.818.955.9550 from outside the US or Canada.
AlterMedia is all about creating media. Its employees are a group of digital media artists and engineers who set out to help other artists focus on their creativity. For artists that have a business to run, AlterMedia creates software tools that simplify and organize the chaos of creativity. To learn more, please visit www.altermedia.com.