FRANKFURT, Germany – Building upon the legacy of one of the most successful microphone families in the world, AKG by HARMAN today introduced the C314 dual-diaphragm condenser microphone. Ideal for all studio environments ranging from home to professional studios, the C314 offers a best in class self-noise and dynamic range, a flat, high linear frequency response and neutral sound, making it the perfect recording microphone for a variety of environments.
“The C214 holds the distinction of being the top-selling recording microphone in the United States, and the C314 is the latest model in this family of microphones,” said Erich Gaertner, Product Line Manager, AKG. “We expect the C314 to achieve even greater success thanks to its affordability, versatility and world-class audio quality.”
The C314 is the latest in AKG’s family of microphones whose models include the C214, C414 B-XL II and C414 B-TL II, among others. All models in this category-leading family are condenser microphones, designed specifically for recording applications.
Key Features Include:
- Dual-diaphragm capsule with four selectable polar patterns. Each of the diaphragms is matched to guarantee the highest polar pattern accuracy.
- The same C414 XLS gold-plated membrane for high linearity and neutral sound.
- Overload LED Detection Display, which indicates overly high sound pressure levels. This feature allows the user to make adjustments to the microphone setup rather than in the recorded track.
- Integrated capsule suspension, reducing mechanical noise and resonances. A double-mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting the microphone’s acoustical performance. 20 dB attenuation pad and bass-cut filter for close-up recording and reduction of the proximity effect.
- Included Accessories: Rugged carrying case, windscreen, spider suspension mount and stand adapter.
More information on AKG’s products can be found on www.akg.com/pro
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment and enterprise automation solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon® , Mark Levinson ® and Revel®, the Company is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 17,600 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $5.9 billion during the last 12 months ended December 31, 2014.