New Software Enables 4K and Quad HD Capture on KONA 3G
announces shipment of its new KONA LHe Plus, offering more powerful video capture and playback capabilities, greater performance and a 25% lower cost than its predecessor, the KONA LHe. The company has also released version 9.1 software for KONA, Io Express and Io HD, adding important 4K and Quad HD capture to the KONA 3G’s powerful 4K playback features.
Key features of the new KONA LHe Plus include:
• 10-bit HD/SD-SDI video I/O
• 12-bit analog composite, s-video or HD/SD component video I/O
• 10-bit hardware-based HD/SD down-conversion
• Two-channel AES digital XLR audio and eight-channel SDI embedded digital audio I/O
• Two-channel balanced XLR analog audio I/O
• Improved performance with RGB graphics applications such as Adobe After Effects.
• AJA’s renowned OS X and Windows software and application integration
• Further extensibility via an optional 1RU breakout box
AJA v9.1 software enables 4K and Quad HD capture on KONA 3G, delivers improved RGB/YUV and RGB full range/RGB SMPTE range conversions on all KONA solutions and Io Express, and improves AES audio status bit settings on KONA 3G and audio inputs on KONA LHi.
KONA LHe Plus is available through AJA’s global network of resellers at a US MSRP of $995. v9.1 software is available as a no-cost download for all KONA, Io Express, and Io HD owners. For a complete set of features and technical specifications for KONA LHe Plus and v9.1 software please visit
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion, acquisition and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website