Innovative Digital Media Review and Approval Tool Leverages SKYPE™ to Enable Unprecedented Synchronized Remote Collaboration for Video, Film and Post Production Markets
LOS ANGELES, CA - September 25, 2006 - Intelligent Gadgets (
), the creators of advanced collaborative digital media review and approval tools, announced today the immediate availability of syncVUE for Windows. Conceived by seasoned editors and digital media industry veterans, syncVUE addresses the inefficiencies and frustrations of an oft overlooked component of the digital media workflow - the client/editor review process.
Tapping the inherent cost efficiencies and collaborative benefits of SKYPE, syncVUE combines an innovative frame accurate media player with seamless, real time collaboration capabilities to create an entirely unique workflow environment for digital media editors, animators, directors, producers and advertising agencies. syncVUE delivers a synchronized, shared media viewing experience with no geographical limitations to any desktop - Mac OSX or Windows XP - with an Internet connection.
“As a 20+ year veteran of the post production world, I have lived the frustration of time and energy wasted collaborating on projects with clients and colleagues spread around the country - that experience was the inspiration behind syncVUE,” said Michael Buday, president of Intelligent Gadgets. “We‘ve witnessed significant contributions to the digital media workflow from the industry, but for editors, the workflow doesn‘t end when you render your project for delivery to the client. syncVUE extends a seamless, synchronized shared media experience, virtually eliminating creative and communications bottlenecks from the review process.”
Extending Seamless Collaboration to the Review Process
syncVUE extends a number of powerful collaborative media sharing capabilities to the digital media review and approval workflow process, including:
• A powerful media player with frame accurate collaborative control enabled by SKYPE;
• Ability to play any media file supported by QuickTime;
• Ability to play Windows Media and MXF files (via a plug-in from Telestream) providing compatibility with Sony‘s Blu-ray based XDCAM formats;
• Audio/video chat, enabled by SKYPE and leveraging syncVUE‘s synchronized media playback capability;
• New Virtual Laser Pointer capability, enabling multiple participants to simultaneously point to any visual element of the movie in real-time during playback;
• Ability to add time-code-based text annotations (markers), automatically propagated to all connected clients;
o Markers can contain titles and extensive notes for quick and easy review and approval process;
o Users can create annotations offline, reconnect to the session, and have all annotations instantly inherited by the other clients;
• Upon completion, markers can be exported to industry-popular non-linear editing solutions, such as Final Cut Pro.
• Advanced Licensing Management system enables customers to extend temporary licenses to colleagues or clients for flexible, hassle-free access to syncVUE.
Pricing and Availability
syncVUE for Macintosh and Windows is available immediately and is priced at $189 per license, with volume discounts available for purchases of two or more licenses. For more information on pricing and volume discount levels, please contact Intelligent Gadgets at 949-488-7814 or via e-mail at
About Intelligent Gadgets, LLC.
Intelligent Gadgets of Dana Point, CA, designs and develops advanced media software products for post-production, animation, and media entertainment markets. For product or sales information, please contact Michael Buday at Intelligent Gadgets, LLC: 949-488-7814 or
, or visit