- October 25, 2006 - NEC Display Solutions of America, the leading stand-alone provider of flat panel desktop displays, today unveiled its latest wide-aspect LCD, the new MultiSync 1940WCXM wide-screen monitor, an extension of the popular MultiSync CX Series. With a lightning-fast 5-millisecond response time, contrast ratio of 700:1, native resolution of 1440 x 900, and integrated down-firing speakers, the thin-frame, wide-screen display is ideal for consumers and home office users.
Wide-aspect LCDs have been one of the fastest growing display trends in the consumer market. With sleek, ergonomic design, and advanced imaging technology that enhance the front-of-screen experience, the MultiSync 1940WCXM monitor delivers the performance to capitalize on this trend.
“The new NEC MultiSync 1940WCXM monitor is designed with the home office and consumer user in mind,” said Andy Anderson, Product Manager, NEC Display Solutions. “Its fast response time and clear resolution deliver high performance for any application. The display delivers vivid images, while the wide-aspect form increases user productivity by allowing multiple applications to be viewed at one time.”
Controls for the monitor are designed to be easy-to-read and use. The On-Screen Manager (OSM) provides clear and straight forward menus that put users in easy control of their screen setting adjustments.
Other features include:
• Rapid ResponseTM technology (5ms), which delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video
• Ambix® dual-input technology, which allows for digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software as well as connection to two systems
• Enhanced cable management, which helps prevent unattractive, space-consuming wire clutters
• Low power consumption, which reduces electrical costs and lowers total cost of ownership
• On Screen Manager (OSM®), which puts users in easy control of their screen setting adjustments
• Built-in power supply, which allows for easy mounting of the display
• No Touch Auto AdjustTM, which reduces setup time and provides optimal image settings upon initial power-on
• Wall/arm mounting capability, which adds flexibility and comfort, while freeing up valuable desktop space (using third-party product)
• Adheres to ISO 13406-2 Class II requirements for quality screen performance
• Energy Star® 4.0 compliance, which helps reduce power consumption and lowers expenses
• Three-year limited parts and labor warranty
• 24/7 support from NEC Display Solutions
The new 1940WCXM display is RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully-disposable plastics and minimal amounts of hazardous materials such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB. The 1940WCXM has the lowest mercury content used in light sources qualifying for section 18.104.22.168 of EPEAT standard.
The MultiSync 1940WCXM monitor is available for November delivery. Estimated street price for the product is $269.99.
# # #
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading provider of innovative LCD displays and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for the consumer, enterprise, professional, medical and digital signage markets. NEC Display Solutions ranked as the #1 stand-alone LCD monitor provider in the U.S. in the commercial market for CY2005, according to NPD*, and as the #1 best-selling large-screen commercial LCD monitor provider worldwide for all of CY2005, according to DisplaySearch. For more information, please call 1-866-NEC-MORE, or visit
*According to DisplaySearch's Quarterly FPD Public Display Shipment and Forecast Report
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Reseller prices may vary.