announced the Beta release of Toon Boom Studio v3 for Mac and PC. This latest Toon Boom Studio release enables users to build animations by selecting artworks from existing libraries and animating them using motion paths.
Toon Boom Studio V3 features a rich toolset that facilitates and simplifies the creation of cartoon animation projects:
– The New Free Transform tool enables users to apply any combinations of scaling, rotation, skewing to animate faster
– Users can also add text for effective communication in web presentations, comic strips and more
– Automated lip sync tools allow fast sound track synchronization
– Improved sound scrubbing enables accurate adjustments to the lip synchronization
– Users can animate with key frames and use interpolation to create animation faster
– The library enables users to save drawings, animation cycles and motions for reuse
– The time line makes it easy to organize layers, set the timing and attach motion paths to elements
– Cell-swapping and templates add even more speed to cartoon creation
– Users can create dollys, trucks, zooms, and other eye-catching camera moves, with the 3D space and camera
Toon Boom Studio V3 brings improvements to animation keyframing, asset reuse and lip synchronization — empowering artists to make better animations. In addition, this latest release offers a simplified user interface with Drawing and Sceneplanning modes unified into one single mode.
Only current customers with registered license key(s) are invited to participate in the Beta phase. Instructions will be sent to them directly.
The customer release is scheduled for early July 2005. All customers who purchase Toon Boom Studio between today and the customer release will receive the upgrade at no charge. Upon customer release, the v3 upgrade will sell at $ 199.99 USD for V1/V2 customers and at $ 99.99 USD for V2.5 customers.