Blackmagic Design’s ATEM Mini, a new, low-cost live production switcher specifically designed to allow livestreaming to YouTube and business presentations via Skype, is now available. It retails for $295.
The new ATEM Mini makes it easy to create professional multi-camera productions for livestreaming to YouTube or presenting using Skype. Simply connect ATEM Mini and customers can switch live between 4 high-quality video camera inputs. Customers can even connect to a computer to present PowerPoint slides or add a gaming console. The built-in DVE allows for a picture in picture effect, perfect for live commentary. There are loads of video effects too. To livestream, ATEM Mini has a USB output that works like a webcam, so customers can connect to any video software. There’s also HDMI video out for projectors and microphone inputs to allow high-quality desktop and lapel mics for interviews and presentations.
Some of the ATEM Mini’s most useful features include:
- a miniaturized control-panel based design.
- support for streaming live to all media platforms such as YouTube.
- working with Skype for multi-camera business presentations.
- the ability to connect up to 4 cameras or computers.
- a USB output that operates as a webcam and supports all video software.
- a wide range of professional video effects included.
- an HDMI video output that allows direct recording of programs.
- two stereo audio inputs for connecting desktop or lapel microphones.
- free ATEM Software Control for Mac and Windows.
- full HD DVE for picture in picture effects and DVE transitions.
- broadcast quality transitions including mix, dip, and wipe.
- internal media for 20 RGBA graphics for titles, opening plates and logos.
- ATEM Advanced Chroma Key for green/blue screen work.
- Operating in cut-bus or professional mix effects switching styles.
- an audio mixer that supports limiter, compressor, 6 band EQ and more.
- automatically standards converting and re-syncing all HDMI inputs.
- built-on Ethernet control and SDK that allows for customer developer solutions.
- being compatible with all professional ATEM hardware control panels.
Availability and Price
ATEM Mini is available now for US$295.