Montreal, Canada – Matrox Video Products Group announced that release 1.3.1 for the Matrox MXO2 product line is now available as a free download from the Matrox website to all registered users. This release implements important new features including HD-SDI closed captioning support and RED workflow support.
Users will no longer need to spend time and money recreating HD captioning data that is typically lost when editing projects in Final Cut Pro. Matrox MXO2 now offers a unique patent pending workflow to capture, playback, and preserve closed captioning data while editing. Nothing is destroyed. RED users can benefit from Matrox MXO2 to capture, monitor, and playback on set. Back in the post suite, they can use Matrox MXO2 to work with 1K and 2K RED timelines and output to SD, 720, or 1080 via MXO2‘s realtime 10-bit hardware scaling feature.
“We are very happy to be adding value to our Matrox MXO2 product line,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. “We are continually providing our customers with the features they need to support today’s most popular workflows, in the edit suite and on location.”
Matrox MXO2 release 1.3.1 will be demonstrated at NAB 2009 in booth SL3814.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
· Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, and Apple Xserve systems
· Lightweight – less than 3 ½ lbs. (1600 grams)
· Fits in your laptop bag – 13″ x 9½” x 2″ (330mm x 241mm x 51mm)
· Can run off a field battery (or its AC adapter)
· HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
· Genlock – SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync