Stu Maschwitz shares his thoughts about Sony’s A7rii 42-megapixel mirrorless camera on his blog. “It’s an awesome camera,” he writes, “but not the one for me. However, Sony has nearly won me over with their mirrorless full-frame line.”
“Here are the details about the a7R II that I think matter:
- 42.4 megapixel sensor. That makes for a pixel resolution of 7,952 x 5,304, and lossy-compressed raw files that are about 41 megabytes in size.
- 4K sLog 2 video recording in-camera, full-frame or 1:1 crop.
- On-sensor phase-detection autofocus
- 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization
- Everything that was already great about the a7 line, refined — including:
The magnesium body (slightly larger than the a7S’s) looks and feels great
The perfect articulated rear 3“ LCD screen
Razor-sharp OLED viewfinder
It comes with a battery charger and an extra battery! Yay! And boy, will you need them. Boo.
To read more, click here.