NewBay Media, a leading publisher of digital content creation media, announced that Digital Video Expo is returning to the Pasadena Convention Center this week, where it will run from Tuesday, September 20th through Thursday, September 22nd. Now celebrating its 15th year, the long-running conference and exhibition has become a “must-attend” event for those involved in both the creative and technical aspects of HD production and distribution.
In addition to showcasing the industry”s latest tools and technologies on the show floor, Digital Video Expo is offering attendees numerous educational options in its comprehensive conference session program. This year”s event also includes a full program of free events, open to all attendees, covering such topics as the latest cameras, lighting, production, post, sound, storage and more.
Highlights of this year”s Digital Video Expo include:
• Multiple educational tracks including full days on indie feature film production, large-sensor cameras, lighting, color correction, NLEs, metadata and mobile production apps.
• Three-day Final Cut Pro X Apple Authorized Certified Training, and one-day courses on Final Cut Pro for Final Cut Express users, Apple Motion 5, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and Avid Media Composer 5.5.
• Full-day hands-on training on Video Formats & Workflow, and the Sony FS100 and F3 cameras.
• Keynotes on “The Art of DSLR Video” (Kevin Shahinian, Founder, Pacific Pictures), “Raising the Digital Bar” (Jacob Rosenberg, CTO, Bandito Brothers), and “What Makes an Amazing Timelapse Video” (Colin Rich, Founder, Pacific Star Productions).
• Demonstrations of the hottest new camcorders, with special sessions on Panasonic”s three new HD handheld camcorders and their AG-AF100 AVCCAM camcorder.
• Special events and association meetings held on Wednesday afternoon and evening with the Digital Cinema Society, Los Angeles Post Production Group and Los Angeles Final Cut Pro Users Group.
• Afternoon prize drawings on Sept. 21st and 22nd for some of the hottest video products, training and services.
“We”re looking forward to once again welcoming our growing community of content creation pros to this year”s Digital Video Expo in Pasadena,” said Carmel King, NewBay Media Executive Vice President. “We”re confident that they will not only enjoy themselves at the event, but will also return to work with important additional skills, perspectives, knowledge, and contacts.”
For complete event and registration information, go here.