Tewksbury, MA – November 3, 2005 – Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced the Avid Liquid™ product line, the company’s new nonlinear editing software and hardware offerings for event videographers, government and corporate video producers, and high-end enthusiasts. Drawn from editing products formerly developed by Pinnacle Systems, the Avid Liquid family includes new versions (v.7.0) of the Avid Liquid and Avid Liquid Pro systems, both of which are packed with new features designed for users who want a single application for creation and delivery of tape, DVD and streaming media. The product line also includes new configurations and pricing for the Avid Liquid Chrome HD (v.6.1) family of solutions featuring advanced standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) I/O hardware.
“With Avid Liquid, we introduce the ideal product for people who want it all – editing, surround audio, DVD, titling, effects and more – and want it in one affordable application,” said Dana Ruzicka, vice president, Postproduction Product Marketing, at Avid. “For them, Avid Liquid is the ideal solution: one easy-to-use application, one learning curve, without sacrificing power or performance.”
The Power of Avid for the Individual
Avid Liquid builds on popular Liquid features, including native HDV editing, GPU-accelerated effects, background rendering, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround audio with AC-3 encoding, DVD creation directly on the video editing timeline, and great value I/O hardware.
New features of Avid Liquid v.7.0 software include:
* SmartSound integration – custom music creation directly inside the Avid Liquid application.
* New multimedia format support – native editing of popular codecs including WM9, DivX, and MPEG-4 for repurposing and output of content to the Internet.
* New effects – Real-time Timewarp, Stabilize, Dream Glow, and over 50 plug-ins from the highly-regarded Commotion effects suite.
* Avid Open Timeline – native HD and SD editing on the same timeline in real time, without transcoding for fast, flexible editing regardless of format.
* Preview HDV in SD – for viewing HDV in SD on a client video monitor with Avid Liquid Pro.
Availability and Pricing
All products within the new Avid Liquid family run on Windows XP, and are expected to ship by November 22, 2005. Product configurations and pricing include:
* Avid Liquid v.7.0 – Editing, audio, DVD creation, effects and more in one application for the DV and HDV enthusiast ($499 USMSRP). Existing Pinnacle Liquid Edition customers can upgrade to Avid Liquid for $199 USMSRP.
* Avid Liquid Pro v.7.0 – Avid Liquid software with USB 2.0-enabled hardware for digital and analog capture and output, including surround audio monitoring ($999 USMSRP). Existing Pinnacle Liquid Edition Pro customers can upgrade to Avid Liquid Pro for $199 USMSRP. Existing Pinnacle Liquid Edition customers can upgrade to Avid Liquid Pro for $699 USMSRP.
* Avid Liquid Chrome HD Plus v. 6.1 – Avid Liquid software with SD SDI I/O ($4,995 USMSRP).
* Avid Liquid Chrome HD Deluxe v. 6.1 – Avid Liquid software with SD & HD-SDI I/O ($7,995 USMSRP).
* Avid Liquid Chrome HD Elite v. 6.1 – Avid Liquid software with the full complement of professional, broadcast grade digital and analog I/Os in both SD and HD ($11,995 USMSRP).
For more information, please visit