AJA Video Systems announced today the KUMO line of compact SDI routers. AJA’s KUMO 1604 and 1616 routers are small and cost-effective, while offering powerful features like SDI, HD-SDI and 3G SDI compatibility, as well as unique Web-browser control over a LAN, allowing easy integration into any post and production environment.
KUMO routers will be available in two configurations:
- KUMO 1604, with an MSRP of $1,995, supports 16 SDI inputs and four out.
- KUMO 1616, with an MSRP of $2,995, supports 16 channels in and out.
Both routers are expected to ship this winter.
“AJA has historically built best-of-breed solutions that support the editing and conversion components of professional digital video workflows, as well as the acquisition phase with our new Ki Pro tapeless recorder. Today with the introduction of KUMO compact routers we are also venturing into signal routing to provide top quality, cost-effective solutions that address digital video pipelines from end-to-end,” says Nick Rashby, president, AJA Video Systems.
Despite their small (1RU) form factor, KUMO compact routers are full-broadcast-specification products supporting SDI, HD-SDI and 3G SDI. KUMO routers are re-clocking, non-blocking, and ready for any broadcast, production or postproduction job. Running embedded Linux, KUMO routers support powerful HTTP and SNMP control and monitoring. KUMO’s internal Web server allows immediate configuration and operation via any standard Web-browser on any OS, without any additional software to buy or install.
- SD, HD, 3G SDI inputs and outputs via BNC, SMPTE 259M/292M/424M
- Automatic EQ and re-clocking
- Supports all ancillary data, including embedded audio
- Reference via BNC, passive loop, PAL/NTSC color black or HD tri-sync
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
- Embedded Linux OS, internal Web server
- HTTP, SNMP, RS-422 Control
- Redundant, isolated power inputs
- AJA five-year warranty