Release 1.4 for Matrox MXO2 and Matrox MXO2 Rack
is now available as a free download from the Matrox Web site to all
registered users. This release implements important new features,
including Panasonic VariCam workflow support that allows users to
ingest, edit and output at 23.98 fps via SDI, plus additional
cost-saving HD closed captioning support.
Matrox’s closed-captioning workflow support has been expanded. Users
no longer need to spend time and money re-creating HD captioning data
that is typically lost when editing projects in Final Cut Pro. Matrox
MXO2 and Matrox MXO2 Rack offer a unique workflow to capture, play back
and preserve closed captioning data while editing. Nothing is
destroyed, even when trimming or color-correcting video clips.
In addition, Matrox has worked with CPC to develop a solution that allows the MacCaption
software to encode, decode, edit and create HD and SD closed captioning
for use with Matrox MXO2 and Matrox MXO2 Rack. In release 1.4, Matrox
MXO2 and Matrox MXO2 Rack offer a cost-effective way to monitor HD
timelines containing closed captioning data on SDI and component SD
monitors, while also inserting closed captioning information into line
21 of active video for SD deliverables. HD and SD masters containing
closed captions can be delivered simultaneously.
“We strive to continually add value to our Matrox MXO2 product line
by providing customers with the features they need to support today’s
most popular workflows,” says Wayne Andrews, product manager at Matrox.
“We are especially proud of the work we have done to make HD closed
captioning more affordable and easier to do for Final Cut Pro and
Key features of Matrox MXO2 and Matrox MXO2 Rack
- Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros and Apple Xserve systems
- HD/SD-SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C and composite inputs and outputs
- Genlock: SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- HDMI input, output and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit real-time hardware up/down/cross-conversion on capture and output
- Up to five user-selectable simultaneous video outputs: HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI and analog
- Professional audio inputs and outputs with surround sound monitoring
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to a variety of codecs, including Apple ProRes 422 HQ and 10-bit uncompressed HD
- File-based workflow support: XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, P2HD
- RED workflow support
- HD-SDI closed captioning support
- Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
- Also available with Matrox MAX technology for faster-than-real-time H.264 HD encoding
Price and Availability
The Matrox MXO2 product
line is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.
Matrox MXO2 is priced at $1,595 and Matrox MXO2 Rack is priced at
$1,995. Release 1.4 software is available to registered users as a free
download from the Matrox Web site.
Units with the Matrox MAX option for faster-than-real-time H.264 HD
encoding will be available in summer 2009. Matrox MXO2 with the MAX
option is priced at $1,995. Matrox MXO2 Rack with the MAX option is
priced at $2,395.