Los Angeles, CA — DV Expo today announced that their 12th annual conference and trade show, being held at the Los Angeles Convention Center includes the following sessions:
• Full Resolution HD Workflow Workshop: To properly navigate today’s HD production ”jungle,” DV Expo and SMPTE are bringing together some top personnel in the business to help understand ”full resolution” workflows, both 422 and 444 at 1920×1080 — what works, what doesn’t, what has been tried, what the future holds and how best to get your full resolution project from start to finish.
• Lighting Master Classes – Leading directors of photography guide the classes through specific lighting scenarios.
• AVCCAM Classroom – Videographer Bernie Mitchell, president of Silver Platter Productions, gives the audience a look at AVCCAM, Panasonic’s professional, solid-state AVCHD offering. The session details next-generation, affordable HD acquisition through a file-based workflow.
• RED Show and Tell – RED Digital Cinema presents an up-close look at its current, upcoming and prototype products, including the RED One and the always-evolving Scarlet 3K and Epic 5K cameras.
• HD Editing Seminar – The Digital Video Professional Association gives attendees an interactive tutorial on techniques for the HD postproduction process using Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Introduction to Adobe CS4 – Members of the Digital Video Professionals Association reveal the newest features of Adobe’s just-shipped Creative Software suite.
• Best of Slamdance Shorts – The Slamdance Film Festival presents a selection of award-winning short films, showcasing emerging directors working within the creative confines of limited budgets.
The complete schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, November 5
11:30 am: Filmmaker Keynote
1:00 pm: Lighting Master Class
1:00 pm: Full Resolution HD Workflow Workshop
2:30 pm: AVCCAM Classroom
3:30 pm: Lighting Master Class
4:00 pm: Introduction to Adobe CS4
5:30 pm: Best of Slamdance Shorts
Thursday, November 6
10:30 am: Around the Floor Tour: What’s New, What’s Cool
12:00 pm: RED Show and Tell
12:30 pm: Lighting Master Class
1:30 pm: HD Editing Seminar
2:30 pm: Lighting Master Class
”This year’s DV Expo features our most comprehensive free educational program to date, offering all attendees an opportunity to acquire new, practical skills and information that will make an immediate positive impact on their creative projects,” said conference chair David E. Williams. ”With hands-on opportunities to test new gear on the show floor coupled with our evening networking events, DV Expo has become a true ‘must-attend’ event for digital video community.”
DV Expo will play host to the production community as the industry’s leading associations, organizations and companies gather for on-site meetings and networking events, including:
Digital Cinema Society: Por Que 4K? (Weds., Nov. 6, 5:30 – 7:00 pm) – The DCS explores 4K for production, post and exhibition in this special event. Society President James Mathers will lead a discussion that features special guests including RED’s Ted Schilowitz, Dalsa’s Rob Hummel, and Sony’s Steve Banaszek.
LAFCPUG: Live! (Weds., Nov. 6, 7:30 – 9:30 pm) – Michael Horton and his expert team from the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro Users Group offer attendees a night of presentations, panels and, yes, prizes, Scheduled to appear will be the folks from DigitalFilm Tree who will show attendees how they online the hit Showtime series, Weeds, sing FCP; Philip Hodgetts who will debut another tool as part of his Intelligent Assistant First Cuts for FCP software; FCS Guru Larry Jordan, who will provide FCP Tips and tricks. Also scheduled will be a show-and-tell from filmmaker Michael Addis., who recently completed the critically acclaimed documentary Heckler, starring comedian Jamie Kennedy.
L.A. RED User Group Meeting (Thurs., Nov. 7, 1:15 – 3:00 pm) – Experienced RED One users from LARUG converge to discuss the unique camera’s performance in production and post, screen footage of completed projects and offer insight during an open Q & A session.
WEVA @ DVE: (Thurs., Nov. 7 — 4:00pm): At the close of show, the Wedding & Event Videographers Association International (WEVA) will host a special version of its WEVA Institute. Learn how to master the production challenges of today and tomorrow with Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium, Adobe’s new, cross-platform toolset for video and audio editing, still and motion graphics, visual effects, and interactive media, as well as DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and mobile authoring.
For event and registration information, including a complete schedule of conference sessions, please visit www.dvexpo.com.
DV Expo 2008 association partners include: Digital Cinema Society (DCS), Digital Video Professionals Associations (DVPA), DVD Association (DVDA), LA Red Users Group (LARUG), LA Final Cut Pro Users Group (LAFCPUG), Society of Camera Operators (SOC) and Wedding Event Videographers Association (WEVA).
About NewBay Media LLC
NewBay Media’s market leading brands are centered on five vertical markets — Broadcast and Video, Pro Audio, Musical Instruments, Systems Integration and K-12 Education. NewBay publishes and produces over 40 publications and show dailies, 50 websites, 30 daily and weekly E-Newsletters, 3 expos and over 50 custom publishing efforts annually. NewBay reaches over two million readers in print and one million online and in person — around the world in over 100 countries. Additional information on NewBay can be found by visiting www.nbmedia.com.