Boris FX announces Boris XML Transfer, an Adobe After Effects plug-in designed for seamless transfer of Apple Final Cut Pro program sequences to Adobe After Effects. Boris XML Transfer preserves all aspects of a Final Cut Pro project including effects, audio, media clips, transitions and geometric transformations.
“Improved integration between Adobe, Apple and Avid applications is a recurring request among digital media workgroups,” says Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete effects presets have always been compatible across Adobe, Apple and Avid host applications. With the release of Boris XML Transfer, we bring integration to a new level, giving editors the ability to transfer entire Final Cut Pro sequences to After Effects—including multi-clip edits, effects and audio.”
Boris XML Transfer Feature Highlights
- Clips Remain Fully Editable. All trimmed Final Cut Pro clips remain fully-editable in Adobe After Effects as stepped-up or stepped-down layers. Audio levels, pans and cross-fades are accurately preserved and effects settings and keyframe animations are fully translated.
- Multi-Cam Editing.Boris XML Transfer takes special care to preserve multi-clip edits.
- Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete Compatibility.BCC and FEC effects provide the same look and keyframe values for every parameter.
- Native Final Cut Pro Effects Translation.Many native Final Cut Pro effects are translated into corresponding After Effects features that match the effects’ look and behavior.
- Familiar Look and Feel.Translated After Effects projects will look very familiar to Final Cut Pro editors. User marks, comments and labels for clips and sequences, and all user-defined names are carried across from Final Cut Pro to After Effects.
- No Transcoding or File Duplication Required.QuickTime-based media files are immediately available in After Effects without the need for transcoding or file duplication.
Pricing and Availability
Boris XML Transfer for Macintosh OS X is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX Web site at www.borisfx.com for $299. A fully functioning 14-day trial version is available for free download.