Adobe Systems announced the immediate availability of Adobe Flash Media Interactive Server 3.5 software and Adobe Flash Media Streaming Server 3.5 software, two key components of the Adobe Flash Platform, the de facto standard for delivering breakthrough interactive content, applications, and video and audio on the Web. The new versions advance Adobe’s leadership in rich media and open significant new opportunities for content owners to continue to drive the business of video though synchronized, interactive and social media experiences.
New features and functionality in both servers include:
• Dynamic Streaming used to provide end-users with a broadcast-quality, uninterrupted viewing experience using standard video formats such as H.264 encoded in multiple bit rates.
• Streaming encrypted media protected with the Adobe Flash Media Rights Management Server software
• An integrated HTTP server for a complete turnkey solution to deliver full media experiences
• Support for delivery of XMP Metadata created using Adobe Production Premium CS4
Adobe Flash Media Interactive Server 3.5 software includes:
• Live Digital Video Recorder (DVR) functionality that enables pause and seek within a live video stream
• Additional plug-in enhancements for improved integration and server management
Eighty percent worldwide market share of online video: The Adobe Flash Media Server family of solutions enables instant-on, seamless viewer experiences, extending average viewing times so that companies can boost brand awareness and more effectively monetize their content. According to a December 2008 study by the independent research firm comScore, over 80 percent of worldwide online videos are viewed using Adobe Flash technology, making it the number one format for video on the Web. Adobe Flash Player software is already installed on 98 percent of Internet-connected desktops and a growing number of mobile devices, enabling publishers to rest assured that content will reliably reach audiences on the platforms of their choice.
Multiple delivery options available: To deliver media using Flash Media Server 3.5 software, customers can implement their own streaming server hardware and network in-house, or partner with one of several leading content delivery network (CDN) providers that are part of the Flash Video Streaming Service (FVSS).
Pricing and availability: Adobe Flash Media Streaming Server 3.5 is offered at $995. The upgrade from Adobe Flash Media Streaming Server 3.0 is available for $249. Adobe Flash Media Interactive Server 3.5 is offered at US$4,500. An upgrade from Adobe Flash Media Interactive Server 3.0 is available for $349. Both products are immediately available. For more information, visit www.adobe.com/go/fms