Las Vegas —Sonic Foundry, a manufacturer of enterprise video creation and management solutions, announced the latest version of Mediasite 7. Updates include a dynamic enterprise video portal and enhanced mobile capabilities.
Mediasite 7 is an open and scalable enterprise video publishing and capture platform. Providing flexible publishing options and an expansion of our award-winning capture tools, the platform is designed to expand the reach and life of video content and ensure valuable knowledge-transfer is captured regardless of when or where it’s created.
New and enhanced features for flexible publishing include:
• Mediasite Showcase – An interactive video portal to curate, spotlight and share live and on-demand content. Showcase encourages content discovery with Mediasite’s powerful SmartSearch and social sharing. Its auto-curation workflows, channels, tagging and customizable layout enables users to quickly build their own enterprise YouTube. A complement to Showcase, Mediasite’s enhanced mobile app allows users to browse, search and watch any Mediasite video or Showcase both on and off cellular networks.
• Online Video Sharing – One-click publishing to YouTube, iTunes and iTunes U, maximizes viewership. SEO-friendly Mediasite content exposes the right metadata to search engines, improving search results.
• Mediasite Recorders – New capture-solution offerings, including the RL100 and MultiView, are the most automated to date. It’s designed for applications calling for anything from a single video channel to four concurrent HD content sources, dramatically expanding the reach of Mediasite in any enterprise video deployment.
• Video Conference Recording Service – Extends videoconference endpoint capabilities by seamlessly capturing, archiving, streaming and managing video meetings in the cloud.
• Mobile Upload – Capture video on any mobile device and upload to Mediasite for searchable, secure and managed content.
“Mediasite gives us the flexibility to capture anywhere – from standard classrooms to lecture halls and from desktops to mobile phones. It’s that holistic approach that will not only support us as we scale, but also ultimately meet the needs of our faculty and students,” said Joseph Collins, educational technical services manager, North Hennepin Community College in Minnesota.
“The evolution of Mediasite is driven by our vision of scalable enterprise video deployments in organizations and campuses around the world. We’ve worked tirelessly to provide open platforms and seamless video applications that support the evolving expectation for open, flexible video,” said Rob Lipps, executive vice president of Sonic Foundry. “By eliminating the barriers to wide-scale video capture, publishing and management, Sonic Foundry helps organizations build powerful content libraries and more quickly realize the value of video as a transformational communication technology.”