WASHINGTON — RTDNA announced the winners of the 2018 Student Edward R. Murrow Awards. The awards, presented in five categories, recognize outstanding work by student journalists. These national award winners were selected from among entries submitted by student journalists across the country and represent the best examples of student reporting in their respective categories.
“These outstanding student journalists represent not only the future of journalism, but also the professional level of reporting that student journalists are already bringing news audiences across the country,” said RTDNA Chair Scott Libin.
The winners are:
- Excellence in Audio Newscast: Carolina Connection — April 8, 2017 University of North Carolina School of Media and Journalism
- Excellence in Audio Reporting: Bob Hurley’s Biggest Game James Corrigan, WFUV, Fordham University
- Excellence in Digital Reporting: Troubled Water Carnegie-Knight News 21
- Excellence in Video Newscast: Annenberg TV News – October 2, 2017 USC Annenberg Media
- Excellence in Video Reporting: In My Backyard Zach Putnam, University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication