SAN DIEGO—Sony Electronics has launched a new set of high-grade 4K HDR Trimaster reference monitors in the United States and will begin U.S. shipments in July.
The monitors offer a new Black Detail High/Mid/Low feature that helps maintain accurate color reproduction by reducing the brightness of the backlight to reproduce the correct colors and gradations in low-luminance areas.
Another new function, Dynamic Contrast Drive, dynamically changes backlight luminance to adapt to each scene or frame when transferring images from the new PVM-X2400 and PVM-X1800 monitors to existing Sony OLED monitor. This functionality allows filmmakers to check the highlight and low-light balance of the contents with both bright and dark scenes.
Key features include:
- Trimaster technology offering precise grayscale and accurate color reproduction, achieving 100% color gamut coverage of the BVM-HX310 master monitor;
- 4K resolution of 3840×2160 pixels and HDR capabilities;
- New Black Detail High/Mid/Low to reproduce the correct colors and gradations in low-luminance areas;
- Dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 by Dynamic Contrast Drive, a new backlight driving system that dynamically changes the backlight luminance to adapt for each frame of a scene;
- 4K/HD scopes with HDR scales that are waveform/vector;
- Quad View display and User 3D LUT functionality; and
- 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI with auto configuration.
More information is available on the Sony website.