UHD, 4K, 5K, 6K, 8K, HDR, color spaces, Rec. 709 vs. BT. 2020, log, LUTs, RAW, raw. When do you use them? How do you use them? As digital cinema cameras evolve, it’s critical that you learn not only how a particular camera system operates but how modern production works as a whole.
Cameras from ARRI, Blackmagic Design,Canon, Panasonic, Sony and RED allow for 4K and HDR acquisition—with expansive color spaces, multiple recording options, a range of resolutions and codecs, and raw and log support.
It can be challenging keep abreast of the options and possibilities in modern production, so we’ve developed a one-day workshop we’ll be offering during Government Video Expo. The workshop takes place on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. Led by Jem Schofield of theC47, it will detail how modern digital cinema cameras work so you can make informed decisions about how to shoot your next project.
This production workshop will focus on:
- Learning the best practices for shooting 4K with today’s digital cinema cameras
- Examining the realities of HDR production
- Understanding log versus raw recording
- Successfully exposing for log
- Understanding capture and distribution color spaces
- Developing log and LUT workflows with digital cinema cameras
- Working with monitor LUTs
For more information and to register, visit www.gvexpo.com/production.I hope to see you there!